Reload this Page >

Six Nations fixtures 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Six Nations fixtures 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:17 am

Given it's April now, the meeting should already have taken place. Lets hope we hear something soon.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just had an email in from the SRU regarding the 2017/18 season pass. That goes on sale tomorrow but they now reckon end of April for the six nations dates.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Just had an email in from the SRU regarding the 2017/18 season pass. That goes on sale tomorrow but they now reckon end of April for the six nations dates.
General sale tomorrow - got ours already!

Only silver and bronze seats left as season passes. Some platinum and gold will be available match by match, but reckon demand will be high next year - they've halved the number of match tickets a supporters' club member can buy from 4 to 2.

And with the five matches in the season pass including the All Blacks, Australia, France and England, there are some pretty tasty games.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
General sale tomorrow - got ours already!

Only silver and bronze seats left as season passes. Some platinum and gold will be available match by match, but reckon demand will be high next year - they've halved the number of match tickets a supporters' club member can buy from 4 to 2.

And with the five matches in the season pass including the All Blacks, Australia, France and England, there are some pretty tasty games.
This will be interesting to watch how it maps out. The SRU have historically been very bullish over ticket sales (classic marketing tactic) but there have still been pairs of match tickets on sale closer to the time.

And do bear in mind, losing 61-21 to a team that wasn't even good enough to win the grand slam and finishing 4th out of 6th isn't really that much to be getting excited about. Probably won't be much left of the squad after the All Blacks have a go in the Autumn, anyway.

Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Haha, you may be right, but I think the feeling is that things in Scottish rugby (and attendances) are still on an upward curve.

I'm a Glasgow Warriors season ticket holder, and was one of over 5,000 of us that travelled to our Champions Cup quarterfinal at Sarries a couple of weeks ago, and I see that our now utterly meaningless game against Zebre on Friday is almost sold out already.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Haha, you may be right, but I think the feeling is that things in Scottish rugby (and attendances) are still on an upward curve.
And being serious, that of course can only be a good thing. ^

The appeal seems to be broadening South of the border, too.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
And do bear in mind, losing 61-21 to a team that wasn't even good enough to win the grand slam and finishing 4th out of 6th isn't really that much to be getting excited about.
But having beat the team that halted that Grand Slam bid, helps us smile.

And equal second on points sounds better than fourth.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:34 am

Had an email earlier, saying - 'We have now been told that the 6 Nations dates for 2018 and 2019 should be available by the end of April.'

Fingers crossed they are out soon, need to book flights and hotel in Rome!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:44 pm

Easyjet flights for next February and March are released tomorrow and no fixture list yet. Disappointing.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Easyjet flights for next February and March are released tomorrow and no fixture list yet. Disappointing.
I have emailed six nations to no avail. I feel that they are treating actual spectators with contempt. They cannot even say on which date they will announce dates. Why has no newspaper started to kick up a fuss?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Smithie8
I have emailed six nations to no avail. I feel that they are treating actual spectators with contempt. They cannot even say on which date they will announce dates. Why has no newspaper started to kick up a fuss?
I'm flying out of Birmingham, and they haven't got many cheap airlines flying out of there, so need to book ASAP. Last time had to do KLM, via Amsterdam!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:02 am

I've just heard that the fixtures will be released on Tuesday 2nd May at midday.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Smithie8
Because it's 9+ months before the tournament?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:29 pm

Any more news in this?

Nearly May now
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by roballenby
Any more news in this?

Nearly May now
Post #27, two above yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.