Wiki Posts
Search

Fortnum & Mason bar in Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Fortnum & Mason bar in Heathrow T5

It seems that none of the service charge gets to the staff, which strikes me as dishonest. Customers are at liberty to ask for the service charge to be removed from the bill and leave cash.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...estaurant-tips
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:46 am

Pretty egregious, I agree.

On the subject of Fortnum & Mason's bars, the one in the basement of their Piccadilly store is one of my favourites in the area. Reason is that they often have nice Burgundies (Chambolle Musigny, Gevrey Chambertin, e.g.) by the glass. You don't see that too often, at least I don't.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Pretty egregious, I agree.

On the subject of Fortnum & Mason's bars, the one in the basement of their Piccadilly store is one of my favourites in the area. Reason is that they often have nice Burgundies (Chambolle Musigny, Gevrey Chambertin, e.g.) by the glass. You don't see that too often, at least I don't.
It's a little oasis of calm away from the crowds in the food department. Great service and in addition to the wines by the glass, you can buy a bottle from their wine department and drink it in the bar for a small(ish) corkage charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.