Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Year's in Dublin - Do any hotels provide shuttle service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

New Year's in Dublin - Do any hotels provide shuttle service

We are a family of 5 and are debating an expensive hotel within walking distance of the procession of lights (appears to be between Saint Stephens Green and Temple Bar area) or if we should choose a cheaper hotel further out that might provide shuttle service. I've been searching Google like crazy this morning and can't seem to find any hotels that do this. I was hoping someone on here might have some experience with this. Thanks!

Edit: We will have a vehicle, but are assuming that parking will be a nightmare and/or extremely expensive. I haven't been able to find that information yet.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Why not just contact the two hotels you are interested in and ask them about buses and parking ????

Though I can't see a hotel running a bus to an event - an airport yes.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:51 am
Original Poster

I wish there were only 2 hotels!

I meant we have two options... cheap hotel, but unknown parking fees. I mean, is it like NYC or San Francisco on a holiday night? If so, then we are better to pay more $ and stay within walking distance of the events.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
You could have other options. The Luas light rail runs in the city and out to the suburbs. I've taken it to the end of the line in both directions. It's possible you could find decent accommodations in Tallaght at the end of the Red Line while not needing to pay for parking. I do not know the New Year's Eve schedule for the Luas but extended hours at New Year's wouldn't be shocking. Tallaght is also not such a nightmare as Dublin for driving and parking. If not Tallaght, I'd consider any accommodation within walking distance of the Luas line if the price is right and the Luas schedule is extended on New Year's Eve.

As I mentioned in another thread in which you've posted, you really don't want a rental vehicle in Dublin proper.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: OMNI Platinum
If you are staying outside the city, the Red Cow Luas depot offers a pay and park and you can easily hop on the Red line and go into the city. The rates there are considerably cheaper than in the city. You can also pre book your parking space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.