Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Piecing together segments from SJC to GLA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)

Hi all,

I am looking to go to Scotland in March of 2017. I noticed that the best price I can get is booking a segment from SJC to DUB and then separately booking the segment from DUB to GLA. The times work out great.

I am worried because Aer Lingus says that they only fly to four destinations from SJC, none of which are GLA. Am I missing something? Or are they just not putting two and two together and combining these segments into a single reservation?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:28 am

Aer Lingus don't fly from SJC. Any flights you do see from SJC on the Aer Lingus website will be flown by BA or Jet Blue. At a guess they don't show connections via Dublin when the main flight isn't with Aer Lingus.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:08 am

Try comparing nearby departure airports - SFO? - and arrival airports - EDI? - which have more carrier options.

Skyscanner shows a DUB connection if that's important
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by spencertimm
Hi all,

I am looking to go to Scotland in March of 2017. I noticed that the best price I can get is booking a segment from SJC to DUB and then separately booking the segment from DUB to GLA. The times work out great.

I am worried because Aer Lingus says that they only fly to four destinations from SJC, none of which are GLA. Am I missing something? Or are they just not putting two and two together and combining these segments into a single reservation?

Thanks!
If you are booking these as separate flights then they won't be combined into one booking.

If they are two distinct bookings then you won't be protected if your flight imto DUB is delayed and you miss your next flight to GLA. They won't be obligated to put you on the next flight and you'll have to sort out other flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.