Wiki Posts
Search

London traffic disruption Weekend of 30/31July and 6/7 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
London traffic disruption Weekend of 30/31July and 6/7 Aug

Parts of Central, East and South London into the home counties will have major traffic disruption at various times over the above 2 weekends due to cycling events.

If you are traveling to/from the airports over these weekends by car, cab, coach or bus, please check the various websites. Depending on your locations, some roads will re-open late morning, others will be shut all day into the early evening.

This weekend: (30-31/7)
https://www.prudentialridelondon.co....road-closures/

Next weekend (6/7-8)
https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/ma...on-this-page-0

Some of these events will also see heavy public transport use around the Olympic Park and Excel centre, particularly the DLR as residents won't be able to drive for the whole weekend around the Royal Docks.

If you are traveling around on these weekends, good luck in getting to your destinations on time.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
I'm headed to London tomorrow for the weekend and discovered the Prudential race after I had already booked the trip. I decided to use a car service to get to and from LHR, especially for my return flight on Sunday morning but booked it extra early (6AM) to be sure I get out before they close down the roads. I'm staying at the Marriott County Hall so it looks like no closed roads over on that side of the river but didn't want to take any chances on extra traffic delays for the return flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.