Reload this Page >

Issue with immigration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with immigration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:59 am

Cheers. I saw that. Its been a few years. Thank you and my apologies.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
To furnish with some detail about the student visa -

It happened when her passport was checked at the gate as she boarded her flight to London. Only with BA though, not with Easyjet or Monarch. The difference was a manual check of the passport by the BA contract staff, compared to an electronic scan by the Easyjet and Monarch staff which presumably fed to the API correctly.

She is not an EU national, and while she can enter the UK for 3 months as a tourist, the person checking passports at the gate probably did not know that and just saw the expired visa and tried to deny boarding. Eventually she was allowed to board, kudos to the pilot for agreeing to wait 15 minutes.

It hasn't happened since as she now refuses to fly BA due to how she was treated by the very aggressive staff (about whom she complained).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.