Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco near Piccadilly line.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Tesco near Piccadilly line.

I need to be able to purchase a Tesco SIM card and will be traveling from Heathrow on the Piccadilly line to where I will be staying. I know there is a Tesco Express at the Turnpike stop, which is my final stop, but don't know if those carry SIM cards. Would a Tesco metro be a better one to go to? If it is, where is a good one near the underground Piccadilly line? I will have my 9 year old son and luggage in tow after a long haul flight so it would be nice if we don't have to walk too far. Tesco has the best pay as you go SIM plan for what I need right now, that is why I need to go to them.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:17 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There's a Tesco Metro in the Hammersmith station complex - they'd certainly have more choice than an express.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
There is also a Tesco at Piccadilly Circus just outside the station at the junction of Jermyn Street and Lower Regent Street.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you been sent on a punishment trip - shopping at Tesco, the Piccadilly line and Turnpike Lane.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This might be an excellent time for someone to explain the difference between Tesco Express, Tesco Local, and Tesco Metro. I have never been able to figure it out!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:33 pm

Tesco Express: microwave meals and booze.
Tesco Metro: not quite enough room for a proper supermarket, but we'll try. It's a bit like Presto used to be.
Tesco Superstore: your bog standard supermarket.
Tesco Extra: nobody needs a choice of 14 types of soya milk, but wait, is that a hot tub for £49.99?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

So it sounds like my best bet is a Tesco Metro to get a SIM card then?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:07 pm

If you want to be sure, you can always order the sim online for collection at one of the stores (which could be the Turnpike Lane one). Costs £2, I think.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:15 am

It's possible to order a free Tesco Mobile SIM card for delivery to a UK address here, in the event that where the OP is staying might be able to hold and pass any post on to her.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! I think that what I will do is go to the Canary Wharf Tesco because they have a mobile cell centre at it.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Sonja Goldsmith
Thanks for the advice! I think that what I will do is go to the Canary Wharf Tesco because they have a mobile cell centre at it.
Do make sure that the mobile bit is still open when you plan to visit. I went out (admittedly late at night) to my local superstore and it was closed. I wanted a MicroSD memory card and they were only stocked in the phone section which staff said that they couldn't raid for me to get one.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
My local Tesco Extras have the SIM cards in displays by the general tills - Tesco, others, the handy-looking EE 200MB data for £1, etc. Available anytime the tills are staffed, not just when a specific mobile section is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.