Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Stansted Fast Track - what time to book for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist

I'm flying out of Stansted for the first time in many years, and I thought I'd maximise the chances of it not being horrible by booking fast track. The website requires you to pick a time as well as a date, but doesn't give any information about this - should it be the time of the flight, or the time you expect to get to the airport?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
i book it for the time i expect to arrive at the airport , doesnt seem to matter to the minute
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:21 pm

I'd imagine it's nothing more than to just give them a vague idea of when Fast Track customers are likely to turn up during the day.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I don't think the staff at the entrance care much about what time you booked. I am assuming you don't like spending time in an overcrowded ill-assorted shopping centre so unless you're planning to eat there I recommend arriving at the security entrance about 1h10min before your flight departs (assuming average walking speed).

Security queues for slow track at stansted are now even longer than in winter, despite MAG running about 3/4 of the security lanes (up from the more usual half).
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Great - thanks! I'm somewhat dreading it...
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: UA: PremEx
Does anyone know whether AMEX covers fast track in Stansted? I'm going to take a punt it doesn't...
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:55 pm

It's not on the list of people who can use it, as far as I recall.

I expect they take AMEX to purchase Fast Track
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
It's not on the list of people who can use it, as far as I recall.

I expect they take AMEX to purchase Fast Track
Not when pre-booking FastTrack online they don't (see clause 6.7), whether they take Amex for an in person payment for FastTrack is a different question (that I can't answer!).
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You can see the regular security area from landslide so I wouldn't bother pre-booking and just see how it is on the day.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Mizter T
Not when pre-booking FastTrack online they don't (see clause 6.7), whether they take Amex for an in person payment for FastTrack is a different question (that I can't answer!).
Thank you, I sit corrected - yet another little way in which Stansted Sucks.

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
You can see the regular security area from landslide so I wouldn't bother pre-booking and just see how it is on the day.
I nearly always have Fast Track (since MAG moved the security to the current setup) and I always see the slow track security queue and want to be in fast track. I can't recall an occasion in the last year when it wasn't a long, slow, queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.