Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Airport showers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Dublin Airport showers

Hi, I'm looking a bit of guidance on T1, T2 shower facilities and how I can access them on a transfer.

I arrive into DUB at 8:45 am from PHL (T2) with AA and then fly out again from T1 to Porto with Ryanair at 3:45 that afternoon. I'm looking to see what my best options are for a shower and some relaxation during the layover. I will have to recheck my bag with Ryanair in T1 before my departure so that will confuse things.

Any suggestions?? I leave for the first leg of my trip this Monday (11th Apr 2016)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As this question isn't really related to AA, I've shifted the discussion to the UK & Ireland forum.

~Microwave
AAdvantage forum co-moderator
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I don't recall either of the T1 or T2 lounges as having a shower

I think your best bet might be to look at getting a day room. There are two hotels on site, and several more a short shuttle bus ride away, check something like https://www.between9and5.com/ to search for day rooms. (The Hilton website will let you book dayrooms, most others won't, Hilton is nice but a 10 minute shuttle bus ride away)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Dublin Airport Executive Lounge in T2 has showers. If you don't have oneworld Emerald status to gain you free access, you can purchase access.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by thecurtisw
Dublin Airport Executive Lounge in T2 has showers. If you don't have oneworld Emerald status to gain you free access, you can purchase access.
oneworld status would not grant lounge access unless the next onward flight was a oneworld marketed and operated flight. Unfortunately that's not the case for the OP.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Microwave
oneworld status would not grant lounge access unless the next onward flight was a oneworld marketed and operated flight. Unfortunately that's not the case for the OP.
Valid point. Didn't noticed the Ryanair bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.