Wiki Posts
Search

Private tours London?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Private tours London?

Planning just a few days in London this summer and would like to arrange a private tour to all the touriststy usual suspects. There will just be two of us.

Any recommendations?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I always recommend London Walks for their regularly-scheduled tours, but they also do private tours and offer tours in a London black cab. I've not personally done one of those, but a friend did and thought it was great.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Hey QTOWN, if you go to tripadvisor, you can search all the tours and see how the various groups are ranked. Pick 5 or so, email them, and get price, and then just go with the one that you feel most comfortable with.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Hey QTOWN, if you go to tripadvisor, you can search all the tours and see how the various groups are ranked. Pick 5 or so, email them, and get price, and then just go with the one that you feel most comfortable with.
Good advice, thanks. I posted only if any here had first hand experience
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Good advice, thanks. I posted only if any here had first hand experience
I did 2 different groups and they were both great.

1) Discovering London with Peter Berthoud

2) Coutours with Emma
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
What it sounds like you are looking for is a Blue Badge Guide, someone who is properly qualified and trained to show sites and impart all the necessary information about them.

http://www.britainsbestguides.org/ is the UK overseeing body for Blue Badge Guides.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.