Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JER layover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Miles & More, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
JER layover

In a couple of weeks' time I will have a 3.5 hour layover at Jersey, arriving from Guernsey on Blue Islands at 10.20 and leaving again on FlyBe at 13.50.

Assuming I can drop my bags for the FlyBe flight straight away, is there any good way to spend those three hours? It seems an awfully small airport to spend such an amount of time in, so even an outdoor seating area would be nice.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
get a taxi to st brelade's bay its about 5 mins.

get a good book and read on the beach and grab an early lunch in The Oyster Box
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by aceman
I was going to suggest this but wasn't sure if it was worth it for this relatively short lay-over.

But...

get a good book and read on the beach
Bury your head in a book, when you're in such beautiful surroundings?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Miles & More, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by aceman
Thanks, looks beautiful!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aflan85
In a couple of weeks' time I will have a 3.5 hour layover at Jersey, arriving from Guernsey on Blue Islands at 10.20 and leaving again on FlyBe at 13.50.

Assuming I can drop my bags for the FlyBe flight straight away, is there any good way to spend those three hours? It seems an awfully small airport to spend such an amount of time in, so even an outdoor seating area would be nice.
You have bags of time; too much to spend even in the BA lounge. A taxi into St Helier takes about 20 minutes. Many other places to visit on JER
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
A taxi into St Helier takes about 20 minutes.
St Helier is a town like any other town - I'd choose somewhere more scenic. St Brelade is scenic, and close to the airport.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:03 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Definitely leave the airport - you are a short taxi ride away from lots of nice places. You only need to be back at the airport 30-40 mins prior to your onward flight. St Brelade's is lovely; another option would be a taxi to El Ticos in St Ouen's Bay (also 5 mins away, and has spectacular views out to the Atlantic) for an early lunch / brunch and then a walk along the bay. Ask the taxi driver to come and pick you up for the return to the airport. If it's raining, I would still head for St Brelade's - have a coffee and read the papers in the coffee lounge at L'Horizon hotel, and then the Oyster Box for an early lunch.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmd
Definitely leave the airport - you are a short taxi ride away from lots of nice places. You only need to be back at the airport 30-40 mins prior to your onward flight. St Brelade's is lovely; another option would be a taxi to El Ticos in St Ouen's Bay (also 5 mins away, and has spectacular views out to the Atlantic) for an early lunch / brunch and then a walk along the bay. Ask the taxi driver to come and pick you up for the return to the airport. If it's raining, I would still head for St Brelade's - have a coffee and read the papers in the coffee lounge at L'Horizon hotel, and then the Oyster Box for an early lunch.
Thanks a lot, this looks like a great option also! Will hopefully get to do one of the two, will make a good break in a long day (GCI-JER-MAN-ABZ)!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your suggestions, we opted in the end for St Brelade which was just perfect. As we were too early for the Oyster Box we went instead to their sister restaurant the Crab Shack for a lobster salad. Beats any airport lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.