Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A 15 year old visits London

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I just found it interesting that everyone assumed a 15 year old interested in science, design and sports was a boy.
I don't think everyone did.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Any other suggestions?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:22 pm
tt7

I just found it interesting that everyone assumed a 15 year old interested in science, design and sports was a boy.
+1

I'm just reading this thread for the first time ... and had exactly the same reaction.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Just out of curiosity - everyone?

I just looked at the topics of interest.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
If the 15 year old is into food; how about Cadburyworld in Birmingham/Bournville?
Plenty of trains from Euston to Birmingham and a short train journey from Birmingham to Bournville. Plus you've got Birmingham to look round as well. There's the Space Centre in Leicester if they want a different form of transportation.
You could also take the tube to Bethnal Green and head for Brick Lane Market where you have all the flavours of the world . Walthamstow Market & village which has some excellent stalls plus a Pie & Mash shop. There's the Old Olympic Site which is accessable from Stratford. The list is endless.

Last edited by Tanya934; Jul 9, 2015 at 1:23 pm Reason: Person is 15 not 156!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:09 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I have to agree that East London is a good spot to visit (although Bethnal Green tube isn't anywhere near Brick Lane - you'd want Aldgate East or Shoreditch High Street).

Columbia Road flower market is another great spot if you're there at the right time.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I would go for the Design Museum...
Good spot if something ambitious is on, but sometimes the experience is rather thin for the money it costs.

Another vote for York. The NRM is superb and an easy daytrip from London. And the V&A -- had several successful visits when my son was young, back in the day. Never failed to please.

(I fully acknowledge OP's issue may be female, male, or what have you.)

Last edited by BearX220; Jul 11, 2015 at 9:14 pm Reason: Repair typo
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Can I suggest a trip on the dangle way aka the cable car
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
That's not polari is it ?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That's not polari is it ?

lol not as far as I know!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
A 15 year old visits London

I took my niece (11yo) to London last year and she wasn't quite a fan of the Transport Museum (I loved it). We enjoyed The Harry Potter Studio tour especially if you like all that goes into the film process - get the audio guide it's really fascinating IMO (I have london posts on my philatravelgirl blog) we couldn't get tickets to the rib boat on the Thames I'd suggest booking in advance for that. If you want something different try the Shoreditch Street Art tour.
Walks.com has many tour topics in/out of the city that you may find of interest.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
London Transport Museum is always a winner.
Agree - and it's much more interesting than just looking at old train carriages and trams and buses, although those things are there. It looks at the way in which the coming of mass public transport enabled the urban area to spread and suburbs to develop, together with the social and employment changes that this spread brought about - things that are relevant in just about every large city today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.