Heathrow from Central London for 06:30am Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

I'm reviving this thread as I have a 6:30am flight out of Heathrow in Terminal 2 (to Warsaw). I'm staying in central London. What time should I arrive to the airport? 5am? I assume taxi is the way to go - 30 min ride yes?

The few times I've left via Heathrow lines have been insane. I'm connecting in Warsaw and there is only one connection so I don't want to miss it. I'm an American so will have to pass exit immigration.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There's no exit immigration at LHR currently. I have never encountered lines for security at T2 - but then I'm *G so I get Fast Track. Even so, i'd be surprised if it were more than 5 minutes.

I'd allow 35 minutes for a car from central London at that time of day - five minutes more from the City. Arrive one hour before departure if you are checking a bag.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
From 12 September a lot of this will change as certain tube lines including the Picadilly go 24 hour.......and about time too !
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by duchy
From 12 September a lot of this will change as certain tube lines including the Picadilly go 24 hour.......and about time too !
But only on Friday and Saturday nights - I suspect the idea that the "Night Tube" will be running every night of the week is already becoming a popular misconception!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
There's no exit immigration at LHR currently. I have never encountered lines for security at T2 - but then I'm *G so I get Fast Track. Even so, i'd be surprised if it were more than 5 minutes.

I'd allow 35 minutes for a car from central London at that time of day - five minutes more from the City. Arrive one hour before departure if you are checking a bag.
Perfectly detailed - thank you for the info. Saved me an hour of sleep
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:56 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hi folks, I've split the recent discussion out from the thread it was posted on (hence the reference in the original post) as it was quite old, and we don't want to have outdated information being misread as current. Please continue to discuss this topic in the new thread.

stut
UK & Ireland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.