Community
Wiki Posts
Search

#ViewHeathrow - London Heathrow Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:07 am
Original Poster

#ViewHeathrow - London Heathrow Terminal 4

We flew out of London Heathrow Terminal 4 recently and I was delighted to uncover the Observation Deck at #ViewHeathrow. I am sure this place has been around for many years now but this was my first time there. I spent quite some time taking videos of the plane landing and let me share them here.

How to get to the Observation Deck. Near Gates 15-16, at one end of the terminal.

Singapore Airlines Cargo Boeing 747 Landing. This was cool.

Emirates A380

British Airways Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Arik Air A330 Landing.

Virgin Atlantic A340 and A319.

Sri Lankan Airways A330

Air Mauritius Airbus A340

Last edited by iluvcruising2; Jun 11, 2015 at 7:23 am
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:42 am

Thanks for these - we all get so world-weary and nonchalant on this website that it's nice to share your enthusiasm
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farci
Thanks for these - we all get so world-weary and nonchalant on this website that it's nice to share your enthusiasm
Prior to this visit, I have only flown from LHR Terminal 4 once, and that was in the late 90s when I was still a student, flying home to Singapore from the UK. I remember I got a return ticket on British Airways and BA was flying out of the new T4 back then.

I don't rem the Observation Lounge from my first visit. I might have missed it altogether.

Fast forward to 2015. BA has moved to T5. How time flies.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:16 am

Terminal 4 was never originally intended to be BA's base at Heathrow - it was supposed to be for short haul traffic. BA demanded otherwise, and they got what they wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.