Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow television documentary, ITV, Thursday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Really, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack if it's T5A. Perhaps at the extremities of T5C. But the reality I suspect is that it's done for the cameras to show that they are doing everything possible to find the people.
I think the flight was Air India so it wouldn't have been T5.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:20 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I remember this being featured on the old John Nettles narrated Airport series (surely the benchmark for airport documentaries) - was it the late night EK flight from T4?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
I think the flight was Air India so it wouldn't have been T5.
It was Air India so T4.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by stut
I remember this being featured on the old John Nettles narrated Airport series (surely the benchmark for airport documentaries) - was it the late night EK flight from T4?

Yes I remember (why do I remember so much rubbish but not my pin) but it was the Canadian Airlines 'concierge' on the hunt for 'his' passengers i.e. Business Class!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Yes I remember (why do I remember so much rubbish but not my pin) but it was the Canadian Airlines 'concierge' on the hunt for 'his' passengers i.e. Business Class!
Ah yes! Kelvin Ogunjimi, parodied mercilessly in the rather hit-and-miss Come Fly With Me.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by stut
Ah yes! Kelvin Ogunjimi, parodied mercilessly in the rather hit-and-miss Come Fly With Me.
I know Kelvin - or rather I knew him. I haven't seen him in years but he was very upset by Come Fly With Me.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cassie55
I know Kelvin - or rather I knew him. I haven't seen him in years but he was very upset by Come Fly With Me.
That's a real shame. I always saw the character as being an attack on the documentary genre, not the person.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Really, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack if it's T5A. Perhaps at the extremities of T5C. But the reality I suspect is that it's done for the cameras to show that they are doing everything possible to find the people.
I remember somebody from EI coming into the bar at JFK and shouting...

"Anyone on the EIxxx to Dublin, get to the plane now, or it will go without you!!!".

Half the bar emptied...
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Well having finally caught up with the three episodes I have to say it was a total bag of the proverbial. The sad dumbing down of fly on the wall documentaries continues. They just don't make em like they used too.

From other posts I too have have seen the bike-ulances in T5 and T4 in the last couple of years. One of the 'regulars' from the BBC Airport programme was one of the mounted paramedics in T5 on one of my visits. I also once got mistaken for an Arab passenger (well I had just returned from two weeks in Corfu and with a full grown moustache) and addressed in Arabic by an Etihad lady looking for some of her flock It did make me chuckle, and her blush. Oh what fun.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up

I was so happy to see this continuation of a long line of such aviation documentaries, the last being Airline (UK), and can never get enough of the lovely British accent.

I saw Episode 1 last night on YouTube & enjoyed it a lot, notably the kind spirits & human drama that is inherent in air travel. It's indeed dumbed down & skips a lot of the not-so-great portions, but that's to be expected for public consumption. For balance, see Flights and Fights: Inside the Low Cost Airlines.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Anyone know what aircraft type the police met in the first episode to arrest that passenger? The overhead bins looked like those on a refurbished 767 but it looks lie a VS agent was handling the flight (and VS don't have 767s in their fleet I believe). Interiors also don't look like VS. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.