Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Could I make this connection from Euston Station to Gatwick?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could I make this connection from Euston Station to Gatwick?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 4:34 am
Original Poster

I'll be coming from Glasgow, so I could just cancel the train and fly BA into Gatwick. I can get the tickets with 8000 miles + $55, which isn't terrible.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by stut
If your Virgin train stops at Milton Keynes Central in about the right time to connect with the xx:13 South Croydon train, you can avoid London altogether by taking this train to Clapham Junction, and changing to another Southern train to Gatwick Airport (there are lifts at both stations).
But would that be allowed on an advance ticket? I thought you had to travel exactly as booked.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:31 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
But would that be allowed on an advance ticket? I thought you had to travel exactly as booked.
You do, and so would have to pay the fare from MKC to Gatwick. In practice, stopping short seems to be tolerated more now, after a few high profile cases where people were charged full fare for doing so. Besides which, changing at Milton Keynes, you wouldn't be going through the barriers...
Old May 11, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by giblet
Thanks for the suggestions. There are two of us. We had planned to leave a day or two later, but the TK flights on this day are $125 cheaper per person, and we're on a tight budget. The other option is to cancel the train tickets (30GBP per pax) and get new ones at an earlier time.
You can change the train tickets, at a cost of £10 per ticket plus the difference in price.
The walk (or taxi) to St Pancras is probably easier than dealing with luggage on the tube, but I guess 15-30 minutes slower due to the slow train journey.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by giblet
I'll be coming from Glasgow, so I could just cancel the train and fly BA into Gatwick. I can get the tickets with 8000 miles + $55, which isn't terrible.
Have you priced TK ex-EDI?
Old May 12, 2015, 12:58 am

The Glasgow train runs fast from Warrington to Euston, it never stops at Milton Keynes.
There are hourly trains from Glasgow - change the train ticket to one that arrives earlier than 1400 if you must fly from LGW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.