Reload this Page >

London LHR to LTN to Central questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London LHR to LTN to Central questions

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by zappomatic
Coaches from Luton to central London do not cost £25! The Greenline 757 service is £10 for a one way trip, or £15 to include a journey back to the airport.
You are right, but the OP was looking at National Express, whose prices are higher. I'd forgotten about the 757.

Originally Posted by niehaubs
I think, based on responses, and Rome2rio, that the 757 coach is the cheapest option and gets us to Marble Arch and a 15 minute walk to the hotel ($13 per person). Uber is the most convenient for the price but is more than double the bus ($70-80 total). A taxi proper is double the Uber cost (again, according to Rome2Rio $180-220 total) but will be available faster than waiting for an Uber which might not have cars circling LTN since it is out of the city. I think I have enough info, thanks for the help. I will have Oyster cards for everyone before I meet them as well, but the more directly I can travel to the hotel, the better

Thanks all.
If you take the Greenline 757, I think it also stops at Hyde Park Corner, which is a shorter walk to the hotel than Marble Arch.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Originally Posted by zappomatic
Coaches from Luton to central London do not cost £25! The Greenline 757 service is £10 for a one way trip, or £15 to include a journey back to the airport.
You are right, but the OP was looking at National Express, whose prices are higher. I'd forgotten about the 757.
The National Express service between central London and Luton Airport has a standard fare of £15 single - it's never cost £25 (it's only been running since 2013).

For what it's worth there are cheaper National Express fares starting at £5 when booking on a specified service i.e. departing on a coach at a specific time, but I'd not recommend this for travel from the airport given uncertainty over flight arrival times and immigration queues etc.

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
If you take the Greenline 757, I think it also stops at Hyde Park Corner, which is a shorter walk to the hotel than Marble Arch.
The Greenline 757 does indeed stop at Hyde Park Corner - see the Greenline network map and also the specific route 757 page on the Greenline website.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mizter T
The National Express service between central London and Luton Airport has a standard fare of £15 single - it's never cost £25 (it's only been running since 2013).

For what it's worth there are cheaper National Express fares starting at £5 when booking on a specified service i.e. departing on a coach at a specific time, but I'd not recommend this for travel from the airport given uncertainty over flight arrival times and immigration queues etc.

The Greenline 757 does indeed stop at Hyde Park Corner - see the Greenline network map and also the specific route 757 page on the Greenline website.
Though if you miss your coach because of a flight delay you can catch the next bus for a £5 fee (I don't know how fussy they are on the cause of the delay - I assume immigration hold-ups qualify).

You can also apparently pay a £5 fee at the time of ticketing and get any coach within 12 hours of the specified departure time.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bibbju
Your taxi prices are too high. For example, pre-booking a car (car service a.k.a "minicab") from Luton Airport to Marble Arch is GBP 56 with these guys:

https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Luton/

It might be more useful for other posters to contribute if you work in pounds rather than dollars!
Not a bad price here... only about 5 to 6 GBP over Ubers estimate and likely without the 20 minute Uber wait. I'll be needing to collect bags and go through immigration, does the taxi firm charge extra for "waiting"?

Re the Greenline or National Express... do these buses leave from the terminal? It appears the Greenline leaves from the HI Express. Is that within walking from the terminal, or do I need to wait for a hotel shuttle bus?

Has anyone taken Uber from LTN? Around 8pm-8:30pm, would the wait times still be 20 min once I call for the car?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Re the Greenline or National Express... do these buses leave from the terminal? It appears the Greenline leaves from the HI Express. Is that within walking from the terminal, or do I need to wait for a hotel shuttle bus?
They leave from the terminal, and also additionally stop at the HI Express on request.

(Actually on the way out of the airport, the HI Express stop is now quite a distance from the hotel as it's been moved much further up the road, rather than opposite it. On the way into the airport, it's still right outside it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.