Reload this Page >

Airside transfer in MAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airside transfer in MAN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Airside transfer in MAN

Mod, please move this to the appropriate thread if there is one.

While waiting by T3 gate 18 for a VS domestic flight to LHR I noticed this sign about airside transfer in MAN. Airside transfer seems possible between most airlines operating in MAN but several airlines including easyJet, Ryanair and Jet2 are missing.

Gates 1-15 are actually T1 gates. I didn’t see anyone going T3 > T1 (not even sure if it’s possible) but saw some passengers coming from T1 to T3.

In T3 I saw another door marked Flight Transfer on the corner before you enter the central departure area from security, but this is presumably for passengers transferring from another flight in T3.

In T1 Flight Transfer for arriving passengers transferring to another flight go up the escalator before passport control. There is a sign with a list of airlines similar to the one in T3 at the bottom of the escalator.

Transfer passengers departing from T1 enter the departure area coming up on the same lift which also takes you to the airline lounges judging by the signs in the lift.

Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:03 am

A few months ago I tried to transfer within T3 from an arriving Ryanari flgiht to a departing Flybe flight - both T3.

The signs directed me to a small waiting area within T3 ground floor which would have resulted in a bus transfer to the flight connection centre at T1. I would have then had to take a bus back to T3.

However, when the bus arrived I was politely informed that Ryanair don't pay the airport for the transfer facility and therefore I could not use it.

I had hand luggage only and already had a boarding pass for the Flybe service. I was required to follow thew route for arrivals in T3, pass through passport contorl to landside and then re-enter the deprature lounge from landside.

The following links maty be of use:

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/m...tweenTerminals

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANInfo/MyAirport
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've done t1-t2 transfers at MAN -- mostly SK to UA -- and the longest thing for me there beside the walk is the rechecking in at the transfer desk right around the strip search machine there. The process has been pleasant enough for me, but I'm not a fan of transferring at MAN when there are comparable prices for other routes with more frequency of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.