Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Arrive MAN. Logistics to Liverpool then back to Manchester please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrive MAN. Logistics to Liverpool then back to Manchester please.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
You can get an estimate of the Mercedes (and cheaper taxi fare) from the airport website. A nice car will run around $120 one way into Liverpool from the airport. I'm not sure on the airport taxi - always cheaper to pre-book.

Chauffer Cars
Pre Book Taxi

Both offer a good service.

We also now have Uber in Manchester, but not yet in Liverpool. You can check out fare quotes here.

I'd take the train and maybe a local cab or Uber at each end.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
The service I use charges £55 inc. tax for one-way from Liverpool area to MAN. Usually a Mercedes Vito. So this is roughly $150 for a return trip between Liverpool and MAN.

I don't know the Aloft as a hotel, but the building itself is a very iconic location, so might be worth it for that alone.

The only other question I'd ask is: what time of day will you be travelling between Liverpool and Manchester? Rush hour trains will be very busy - standing room only. Rush hour motorway will also be very busy/slow. People commute both directions but the bigger flow is people living in the Liverpool area travelling towards Manchester for work.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you for links.

I am very flexible. In the afternoon what is the best timing to leave Liverpool? Thank you.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I tried the pre book taxi link and could not get it to quote Aloft. Comfortable using Uber but not clear if the rates quoted are all in.

manord May I have the name of the service you use to contact or if you wish can you please FT PM me with it? Appreciate. Thank you.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I tried the pre book taxi link and could not get it to quote Aloft.
What a crappy booking system - they've changed it since I last booked a car. £67 was the price I managed to wring out of it in the end. I always use the Tristar service now - there's very little premium for a much better service.

Comfortable using Uber but not clear if the rates quoted are all in.
Uber is all-in, but does not operate from Liverpool. No problem going there, though.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
I tried the pre book taxi link and could not get it to quote Aloft. Comfortable using Uber but not clear if the rates quoted are all in.

manord May I have the name of the service you use to contact or if you wish can you please FT PM me with it? Appreciate. Thank you.
PM sent.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm guessing you're in Manchester on the weekend of 13th December? If so, that's the Manchester United v Liverpool game weekend. Things could get a little wild on the Saturday afternoon and evening. Don't wear anything blue

This is why hotels are booked up in Manchester.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Oh this is going to be fun in a good way! How much are tickets for that match? I'm game.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Oh this is going to be fun in a good way! How much are tickets for that match? I'm game.
The only ones I can see are £360
http://www.matchdayvip.manutd.com/en...leMatches.aspx
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I will keep an eye on that site. Logistics change.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:50 am

It's the biggest game of the season, so tickets will be few and far between (and very expensive). Forgeries will be everywhere, so don't make sure you buy from somewhere reputable.

There are tickets on StubHub starting at GBP230.

And if you fancy a beer before the game, let me know

EDIT - Just realised the game in on the Sunday rather than the Saturday.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Wow. This gets better every moment. I have a room in Manchester on Sunday night. When will people start travelling from Liverpool to Manchester on Sunday for the game? I'll be one of them.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:56 am

Wow. This gets better every moment. I have a room in Manchester on Sunday night. When will people start travelling from Liverpool to Manchester on Sunday for the game? I'll be one of them.
It's a 13:30 kick off, so people will start around 9am. There will be a lot of police around the stations, but it's not as bad as it used to be. 20 years ago you'd be walked to the ground directly from the station, and come under attack at various points along the way
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:42 am
Original Poster

I arrived into MAN on Sunday. There was supposedly only one train early AM to Lime Street Station so had to improvise. Took the night bus 43 to Manchester Piccadilly which is not the same as Station. From there walked up to Station to learn the next direct train was almost 90 minutes later. Bought my return ticket for 12 pounds then walked to Doubletree which was kind to check me in early. Sent e-mails to fab 4 taxi tour in Liverpool to get a later start. Worked out perfect. Had a great private "taxi" tour for 55 GBP. Well worth the effort as it also included part city tour which I could only hope for. Liverpool was nice. Upon return to Manchester the weather was awful so got some work done. Watched tv.

Thank you to all who contributed. It was well worth the time and effort to visit Liverpool. Manchester will be for another time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.