Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

T5 to T3 or T2 to T3 at London / LHR? (interterminal questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Flying AA ex T3, but have option of flying into T2 or T5. Which would you do ? especially give the new T2

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I'd base the decision on times/price/preferred airline, not terminal. Assuming you are flying a connecting itinerary (where you arrive into LHR at T2 or T5 and then connect to AA), whichever terminal you arrive at (T2 or T5) you won't really see any of as you will be funneled directly to connections when you arrive and put on a bus to T3.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ty97
I'd base the decision on times/price/preferred airline, not terminal. Assuming you are flying a connecting itinerary (where you arrive into LHR at T2 or T5 and then connect to AA), whichever terminal you arrive at (T2 or T5) you won't really see any of as you will be funneled directly to connections when you arrive and put on a bus to T3.
Thanks just wondering about easiest connection actually and whether actually exiting t2 ( Irish arrival no passport control) and walking over to T3 is also an option- often used to do this from T1 to T3 in the past
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nonspecific ailine questions about airports are better asked in destination fora.

/JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's very little in it. T2 is nearer to T3, it is actually part of the same block of buildings, but you can't avoid a bus ride there if you want to stay airside. T5 is also a bus ride away too, slightly longer (11 minutes compared to 7 minutes), so I'd look to the overall connection. 2 hours would be ideal in either circumstance, if you are fully mobile, anything more than that would be tedious. Physically you can get gate to gate in around 40 to 50 minutes in both scenarios. If you are a smoker than T2 may better since you could go landside and re-enter T3, with only a slight difference in timing. The one advantage of T5, in other words using BA, is that if there are irrops, BA is better placed to re-route you than Aer Lingus (T2), and indeed potentially save you from leaving T5 in the process.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
If you have checked bags, flying BA into T5 guarantees you'll be able to have them interlined to your AA flight. I'm not sure if the same can be said for EI to AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.