Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport "right of abode" sticker renewal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Passport "right of abode" sticker renewal

HAVE JUST REGISTERED , can anyone tell me how long it is taking to get a renewal right of abode sticker for passport at home office uk liverpool. thanks
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What does it say on the Home Office website about how long it takes?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
It took me a mere five months two years ago. UKBA was in a right mess. Don't know if they've got any better. Doubt it.

It was because they insisted on giving me a biometric residence card.
What does it say on the Home Office website about how long it takes?
LOL.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Right of abode sticker remewal

The website tells me that in 2013 in took them 28days for 80% of the applications if there were no complications. Dont think mine is complicated but not sure what their workload is , any more feedback would be appreciated.
I have to give them 20 days notice if I want to ask for all my paperwork back and have to apply for my Australian visa two weeks before I travel and my flights are booked for the 12th of dec, have written to them but not sure if this will help.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:01 am

There was nothing complicated about my request. Just a renewal of the ILTR stamp that had taken 30 seconds at airport immigration on each occasion over the last 30+ years.

I wrote to my MP but unfortunately the issue of 2012 UKBA backlog (250,000 delayed visa applications by some accounts) and chaos had been in the news and gotten politicised, so he was being very defensive of UKBA rather than trying to help me.

Plus resident taxpaying Aussie businessmen don't make good Conspicuous Compassion copy, so pretty much nobody was interested in my case apart from me.

I don't want to alarm you unnecessarily but I was told off the record that my case wasn't unusual. I hope things have improved.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by mandolino
There was nothing complicated about my request. Just a renewal of the ILTR stamp that had taken 30 seconds at airport immigration on each occasion over the last 30+ years.

I wrote to my MP but unfortunately the issue of 2012 UKBA backlog (250,000 delayed visa applications by some accounts) and chaos had been in the news and gotten politicised, so he was being very defensive of UKBA rather than trying to help me.

Plus resident taxpaying Aussie businessmen don't make good Conspicuous Compassion copy, so pretty much nobody was interested in my case apart from me.

I don't want to alarm you unnecessarily but I was told off the record that my case wasn't unusual. I hope things have improved.
You're talking about indefinite leave to remain. The OP is asking about a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode, which is something quite different and, if applied for from within the UK, is issued by the nationality people in Liverpool. These certificates have never been transferred to a new passport at the airport on arrival.

I can't answer the OP's question, but in general the issuing of a right of abode certificate doesn't take too long (although there might be some exceptions, of course). Assuming that you quality it is yours by right, and although each application for renewal is now treated as a fresh application, your right of abode hasn't expired with the old certificate, merely your proof of the right of abode. I hope it would come through in two or three weeks.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:06 am

My mistake! Thanks for correcting me Christopher, and sorry for any alarm caused, and thanks OP for hosting my little rant. You'd be ranting too after waiting five months for your passport back.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

thanks Christopher am praying .
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by mandolino
My mistake! Thanks for correcting me Christopher, and sorry for any alarm caused, and thanks OP for hosting my little rant. You'd be ranting too after waiting five months for your passport back.
No problem - I hope my reply didn't come across as rude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.