Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi from LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Taxi from LHR

I know this has been covered before but due to various circumstances I haven't been able to do a proper search.

My partner has just spent several days in a Berlin hospital with two broken ribs. We hope to be able to fly back to London on Sunday (BA of course) but will need road transport back to South London. Which is the best company to use? I think a tall vehicle will be best as it will be easier for him to get in and out of. Can we stipulate the type of car that picks us up? Many thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I'd recommend trying UberXL (people carrier) or UberLUX (S Class / 7 Series etc.). If you're not already a member, download the app and use code jamesm283 to get a £10 credit (you may find better promotions online). I use them a lot and have always found them to be very good and competitively priced. Most airport journeys are fixed price and you can see where the driver is and when he's due to turn up.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Uber has a great number of options for different car types and prices. UberXL is a fairly new offering so I'm not sure how many drivers they've signed up for that, but I rarely have difficulty finding an UberLUX or UberX (the cheap option) vehicle.

Although you'll be better off in the larger UberXL or UberLUX options, it's worth pointing out how cheap UberX is. For example to Central London from any of the LHR terminals is £37, south of the river (Hilton Rotherhithe) is £40. Door to door and cheaper than the HEX for two passengers!

I use Uber when I'm not in a particular hurry to get to/from the airport as it's much more relaxing than a train or the tube (but when short of time, using the train is usually more predictable timewise). I normally use Hailo for shorter taxi journeys within Central London just so I can get a proper cab that can use bus lanes.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
I have been very happy with AirportsTransfer - dependable and especially good customer service by phone or email with special requests. Easy-to-use online booking or quote tool.

https://www.airportstransfer.com
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have been using these guys all the time recently - batransfer.
Excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.