Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Bayswater

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:44 am
Original Poster

London Bayswater

Bayswater and Queensway tube stations - a favourite haunt for students. A number of good chinese restaurants there, including Four Seasons for the famous roast duck and the Mandarin kitchen for the lobster noodles.

On a recent trip, I spent a bit of time walking along this street, re-living the student days. Had the duck rice at Four seasons, and had the lobster noodle on another evening.

The place looks pretty much the same compared to 15 years ago. Maybe there are redevelopment plans on the way. This is zone 1 London after all.

Here are the links to my blog posts.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...ons-roast.html

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...er-london.html
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Ahh the Four Seasons! That takes me back. I used to live on Queensway (Arthur Court) back when I first lived in London eight years ago.

That Sainsbury's wasn't there when I lived there.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bensyd
Ahh the Four Seasons! That takes me back. I used to live on Queensway (Arthur Court) back when I first lived in London eight years ago.

That Sainsbury's wasn't there when I lived there.
Indeed. Don't you find that the street hasn't changed much? I was there about 15 years ago.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Westbourne Grove, half a mile west, has changed beyond recognition. The redevelopment plans are very exciting.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
Indeed. Don't you find that the street hasn't changed much? I was there about 15 years ago.
I go to London once or twice a year but I'd say it's been a good 4 years since I was on Queensway. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there, if only for the Four Seasons duck.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Westbourne Grove, half a mile west, has changed beyond recognition. The redevelopment plans are very exciting.
Not another Westfield I hope!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:54 am
Original Poster

I read somewhere that some rich person has been buying up many properties along Bayswater, like for some mega redevelopment plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.