Wiki Posts
Search

clearing times in LHR T4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
clearing times in LHR T4

I am a non EU passport holder and will arrive at T4 about 3:30 PM from FCO on AZ after an AZ TLV - FCO flight, on a Thursday at the end of Oct.

Can I make a National Express bus at 5 PM? The next one is 7 PM
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by badatz
I am a non EU passport holder and will arrive at T4 about 3:30 PM from FCO on AZ after an AZ TLV - FCO flight, on a Thursday at the end of Oct.

Can I make a National Express bus at 5 PM? The next one is 7 PM
Do you have checked luggage? It looks like quite a few flights from the Middle East and Asia (Manila, Bahrain, Dhaka) come in around that time and a flight from China about 10 minutes before that. This could make the non-EU queue take 45-60 minutes.

While 90 min should be enough time, it also depends on how heavy the loads on other flights are.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I would say checked luggage or not is not the issue, as the non-EU passport line could take 45+ minutes given contemporaneous arrivals, during which time hold bags will make it to the carousel. But as long as the AZ flight arrives on time, OP should be OK. 30 minutes or more behind schedule? It would be tight.

That's assuming the National Express bus calls at T4, and the OP does not have to train over to the Central Bus Station. If the latter, add 20+ minutes train time, so the transfer becomes tighter still.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by BearX220
I would say checked luggage or not is not the issue, as the non-EU passport line could take 45+ minutes given contemporaneous arrivals, during which time hold bags will make it to the carousel. But as long as the AZ flight arrives on time, OP should be OK. 30 minutes or more behind schedule? It would be tight.

That's assuming the National Express bus calls at T4, and the OP does not have to train over to the Central Bus Station. If the latter, add 20+ minutes train time, so the transfer becomes tighter still.
Sorry, I forgot to write that it is carryon only.
The National Express bus that I need stops at T4.

I realize that delays can always happen but was looking more for the "average" occurance.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by badatz
Sorry, I forgot to write that it is carryon only.
The National Express bus that I need stops at T4.

I realize that delays can always happen but was looking more for the "average" occurance.
With 90 minutes, you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.