Gatwick lounges which one is best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA

Which lounge is best, the No 1 Traveller lounge or the Servisair lounge?

I'm looking for good hot food, wide selection of drinks and free wifi. Obviously I have much lower expectations compared to BA's CCR.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: MUCCI

No1 will give you one free small hot item, after that it is paid for hot food. But it is available.

Servisair (aspire) is just soup as hot item.

Food is a distinct differentiator between airline operated and third party lounges generally.

Both will have wifi. Both will have drinks, although the no1 approach is bar served IIRC.

In both expect to pay extra for champagne etc. And snacks will be more pre wrapped than a good airline operated lounge.

No1 has nicer decor and more comfortable seats, but except for the one hot item I would pick Servisair (aspire) as self service is easier.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:17 am

The No.1 Traveller lounge is superior in every way to the Servisair lounge; the one in Gatwick North is particularly good (though I think you are referencing LGW South).
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by oscietra
The No.1 Traveller lounge is superior in every way to the Servisair lounge; the one in Gatwick North is particularly good (though I think you are referencing LGW South).
There is one exception, from memory. The Servisair lounge is self-pour alcoholic beverages but the No. 1 lounge is bar-service.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC
When I had unlimited PP, I would normally go into No.1 and get the free hot item, then go next door to Servisair as it was usually a lot quieter. The No 1 is much flashier, but it was always so busy with families on holiday, I preferred to not be there. All the drinks in No.1 are from the tap, so it was nice to use the Servisair lounge as they still had drinks in cans which were handy for the plane. In both N and S terminals, the No.1 had a better view.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Anyone used the No1 VIP service? It says fast track through security & immigration, does that mean I can skip the queues?

I will be traveling in economy from the South terminal.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You can use the "Premium Gatwick" checkpoint which is usually faster.

You do not go through immigration when departing LGW.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by shefgab
When I had unlimited PP, I would normally go into No.1 and get the free hot item, then go next door to Servisair as it was usually a lot quieter. The No 1 is much flashier, but it was always so busy with families on holiday, I preferred to not be there. All the drinks in No.1 are from the tap, so it was nice to use the Servisair lounge as they still had drinks in cans which were handy for the plane. In both N and S terminals, the No.1 had a better view.
Agree totally with this. Also, Servisair generally has/had copies of the Economist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.