London Eye - Online purchase problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

I am trying to buy some tickets for the London Eye online. I've had three card declines. There are no fraud alerts on the card.

The only thing I can figure out has something to do w/ one of the fields on the purchase form: Valid From Date. It is required. I've tried putting in nothing, my expiration date, and a date 3 years before the expiration date.

Anyone have experience buying London Eye tickets online and getting through this part of the purchase process?
Old May 4, 2014, 3:35 am

Buy on the day - it's weather dependent so buying in advance is a risk.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thanks for the interesting advice.

Still hoping for an answer to the question.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
What card did you try to pay with? None of the card options I tried require "Valid From" be filled in. The fields are there, but they are not mandatory.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks mfkne. The card is a Chase Sapphire Preferred.

You're right...when I hit the page this morning it is not required to enter a date for valid from. Wonder if I landed on the page a different way last night. I was definitely getting errors telling me I needed that date.

The first time I tried to make the ticket purchase I left that field blank, just as I had done ten minutes prior when I bought the Tower of London tickets...the London Eye page blew chow at me.

I'll give it a whirl now and see how things go.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:04 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The valid from date is generally used for debit cards (although some credit cards do have it printed - none of mine do, and there is no problem leaving it out...)

Given it was early Sunday AM, I suspect the hand of IT maintenance...
Old May 4, 2014, 8:06 am
Original Poster

I'm leaning that way as well. Consider question answered. Thanks for the help.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Ugh. Booked successfully, or so I thought, at 7:30 a.m. eastern. Got a confirm, printed to PDF. Five hours later I get an email, just like I did last night. Called Chase and they did not decline the charge; they authorized it. They seemed to think it isn't being closed out properly on the merchant side and suggested that I call the merchant back and tell them to call Chase to get it resolved. That seems unlikely to go well. Frustrating. May try another card, but it will be Chase as well.

"We are sorry to advise that we have been unable to fulfill your recent order with EDF Energy London Eye as the transaction failed during security screening.

No payment has been taken from the account and we encourage you to speak to your card issuer to assess what steps you can take to resolve this.
EDF Energy London Eye
Riverside Building, County Hall Building
Westminster Bridge Road
United Kingdom
SE1 7PB
Phone +44(0)871 282 9218 (9am-5pm GMT, calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras) or Email [email protected]
VAT: GB 657124730"

Last edited by dingo; May 4, 2014 at 10:55 am
Old May 4, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Buy on the day.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:39 pm

london eye online purchase problem

Originally Posted by dingo
Ugh. Booked successfully, or so I thought, at 7:30 a.m. eastern. Got a confirm, printed to PDF. Five hours later I get an email, just like I did last night. Called Chase and they did not decline the charge; they authorized it. They seemed to think it isn't being closed out properly on the merchant side and suggested that I call the merchant back and tell them to call Chase to get it resolved. That seems unlikely to go well. Frustrating. May try another card, but it will be Chase as well.

"We are sorry to advise that we have been unable to fulfill your recent order with EDF Energy London Eye as the transaction failed during security screening.

No payment has been taken from the account and we encourage you to speak to your card issuer to assess what steps you can take to resolve this.
EDF Energy London Eye
Riverside Building, County Hall Building
Westminster Bridge Road
United Kingdom
SE1 7PB
Phone +44(0)871 282 9218 (9am-5pm GMT, calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras) or Email [email protected]
VAT: GB 657124730"
I just bought my London Eye online ticket yesterday and having the same problem as you. I received an email on failed security screening but my card has already been pre-authorized. Did you managed to get your money back? I have emailed the CS but they have not replied.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by niklove
I just bought my London Eye online ticket yesterday and having the same problem as you. I received an email on failed security screening but my card has already been pre-authorized. Did you managed to get your money back? I have emailed the CS but they have not replied.
Makes you wonder if the Ferris Wheel people are on the take.

Last edited by Analise; Mar 24, 2015 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:53 am

There is a telephone booking option for the London Eye.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Slightly unrelated but may apply, a few weeks back I booked tickets for CdS Kooza at the Albert Hall on a UK card (MBNA Virgin Amex) and although MBNA authorised it the merchant could not take it. So, rang CdS and they said it will only work if using IE as the browser (something they do not point out on their website unless they have changed it) and that if using FF or Chrome it will fail and they cannot take the money. Live and learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.