Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birmingham Hotel in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Birmingham Hotel in June

I have to go to Birmingham in June for 2-4 nights. I am looking at different hotel options. I am going from Essex up to Birmingham and depending on the train I can book it as cheap as £12 for one way but at more peak times it is a lot more expensive so I am considering staying Friday night since it might be just as cheap to stay an extra night and take a cheap train back in the morning.

I have to be in Birmingham during the day on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am not sure what time I have to be there on Wednesday which is why I was considering going up on Tuesday night.

What are some hotel options? Is it out of the question to think I could book something for £50-£60 a night? If I am aiming for that cheap is going to be Travelodge :/ I am going to have to go to the city centre each day but I don't have to stay in the centre.

I just thought I would ask on here because sometimes this forum has some things to say that I have not thought of.

Thank you for any help that you can give to me.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Virgin are expensive at peak times, but you may be able to get a cheaper train ticket (at least to London) on either London Midland or Chiltern.

Have a look at Accor Hotels; they have a few budget hotels in Birmingham.
You can currently book the Ibis budget for £21 a night; it is reasonable walking distance to the city centre.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Give Trivago.co.uk a go.

Plugging in June 3rd for 4 nights, I can see...

Radisson Blu - £82
Hampton by Hilton - £60
Holiday Inn Express - £46
Ramada - £59
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you, swiss Tony that sight is fantastic. I have another question then. If I go with a hotel without a gym is it fairly easily to get a weekly pass for cheap so I can work out after court.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:22 am

For the gym, there are quite a few of the low cost groups around the centre, such as Pure Gym and The Gym.

Pure Gym, for instance, does a 3 day pass for £12.99 and a 7 day pass for £24.99.

The Gym is £15.99 a month, but you can cancel after a month. They used to have a day pass for around £5, but I can't find any details now on their web site. There is often a signup fee for The Gym, but there are also often coupons around.

I'd be tempted to choose the hotel first before choosing the gym (just do a "gyms near postcode" search on Google).
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by DrTom
The Gym is £15.99 a month, but you can cancel after a month. They used to have a day pass for around £5, but I can't find any details now on their web site.

Its here

https://exerp.puregym.com/shortpass

Select 1 day pass from the drop down list
Old May 4, 2014, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For your travel dates in June, is the university renting out any student rooms? They would be cheap and away from the center but with convenient public transportation.

There's also a simple but pleasant conference center on campus that includes a lot of hotel rooms and other facilities. I'm not sure whether they rent to individual travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.