Norwegian (DY) to launch LGW to JFK, FLL, LAX in July14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian (DY) to launch LGW to JFK, FLL, LAX in July14

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by NickB
The EU/US air service agreement covers EEA countries too. Any EU/EEA carrier can fly from any point in the EU/EEA to any point in the US.
It never takes long to learn something on FT - thank you kind Sir.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ha! That compares nicely to £360 of taxes if you want to redeem your Avios for a 'free' flight to NYC!
Premium 'taxes' round trip surcharge is £245, described as Airport Surcharge. Round trip YQ is £100 (surcharge on what, exactly, on a fare that wasn't available
yesterday? )

Premium fare of £1,409 return on dummy booking includes catering, seat reservation, 20kg baggage.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It never takes long to learn something on FT - thank you kind Sir.
You are most welcome, Madam.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Please BA it's time to respond on longhaul at LGW.

A BA USA route with connection opportunities on AA would be nice.

cs
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Yey - Friday to Monday long weekends in FLL

And I bet this service will be more popular than BAs Chengdu.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
And I bet this service will be more popular than BAs Chengdu.
I would hazard the guess that it might not be quite the same public which is being targetted.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Flew once with them from MMX to ARN, I did not know that they assign seats at the gate.
While that may be the case on some of their flights, it is not the case on their 787 services.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
For anyone who is interested, Norwegian's Y+ is a 45" recliner with I think a 2-2-2 layout.
2-3-2 in Premium.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew with Norwegian from AGP to LGW. On the whole I was impressed - brand new planes, wifi available on board for free and a decent on board service (which yes, you have to pay for). The only thing that lets them down was that on-line check-in was not available from Malaga, which meant a long queue at the check-in desk despite only travelling with hand luggage. On the plus side, the flight cost £12 in total - and that even included the fee for paying to reserve seats as well.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by chistery
Their premium seat on the 787 is quite nice, so be interesting to see the prices. Not sure I like having to pay for water onboard though.
Hmm, not so sure. Looking at some pictures and noting what is not there in the marketing blurb .... it would seem Norwegian 'premium' is aligned with what I'd understand as premium economy.

So, no lie-flat seats merely a recliner.

At EUR 1,700 rtn to LAX I can't see VS or BA losing too much sleep. Were they offering a fully flat seat they'd probably have my attention.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ryanair would already be doing it if it was viable.

It won't last.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by littlefish
Hmm, not so sure. Looking at some pictures and noting what is not there in the marketing blurb .... it would seem Norwegian 'premium' is aligned with what I'd understand as premium economy.

At EUR 1,700 rtn to LAX I can't see VS or BA losing too much sleep. Were they offering a fully flat seat they'd probably have my attention.
Remember that a 45" pitch is what airlines used to offer in long haul business class 20 years back. The most interesting bit for me is no minimum stay requirement, although that puts their Y+ product at the same price as Aer Lingus to NYC if you book in the right place. And Gatwick's not that convenient for me either.

Will be interesting to see if the legacy carriers have to offer some cheaper fares down the back, although I've seen the price of beer on Norwegian and that's not exactly pretty...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by littlefish

Well yes, it's no flat bed, but for a premium economy offering, it's a decent enough seat. I only sat in it for two hours but for the right price I'd consider a long haul in it.

At least the IFE isn't in the seat in front so when they recline you can still see it.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
While that may be the case on some of their flights, it is not the case on their 787 services.
Thanks, good to know

Hiddy I guess we will have to see how much $$££NorskeKr backing they have
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:08 am

the timings on the FLL route aren't bad but its still a 3 hour drive for me...now if they add RSW it could be worthwhile....as an aside I know the chairman of the board at RSW and they are spending millions on a second runway, new tower etc to 'get more European flights and become truly international'............now that would be nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.