Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Travel with 1 way tickets, any problems?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:34 am
Original Poster

I am an American with German residency. I am looking to do a long weekend with some one way Ryan Air flights. I was going to do Berlin - London, then London on Sep 28, then London - Dublin on the 1st and back to Berlin on the 3rd. However, they will all be one way tickets, not a round trip.

My wife ran into issues when she came to Germany on a one way ticket because her residency was not in her passport yet. Would I have any issues with this travel idea, as long as I had my forward itinerary to show?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:53 am

Should be no problem whatsoever.

Your wife's case was different - she arrived with a ticket that would have had her leaving the country nine months after the date she should have left as a tourist.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
It's unlikely they will ask, but have all your tickets to hand at passport control to show them that you are leaving the country somehow and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:33 am

They're only one-way tickets from the airlines' point of view. You, however, will be able to show tickets (or, rather, itineraries) that take you out of the Common Travel Area (i.e. the UK and Ireland, essentially) and back to Germany. It is unlikely that you would be asked to show any evidence that you intend to leave the Common Travel Area, but if you are you will be able to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.