Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

ARGH! DUB to IOM and back on 3-June for reasonable price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARGH! DUB to IOM and back on 3-June for reasonable price?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Exclamation ARGH! DUB to IOM and back on 3-June for reasonable price?

I just found out I'll have a free day on 3-June, which could conceivably get me over to the Isle of Man motorcycle race! Sadly I cannot find a day trip to get there and back for anything remotely approaching a reasonable price

Any suggestions from the FT experts???

TIA,
Richard
Old May 30, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I would imagine you're SOL. There is only one airline to the IOM from DUB (Aer Lingus) and they operate small ATR props on this route, so capacity would be limited - and likely heavily booked for a large event.
Old May 30, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colmc
I would imagine you're SOL. There is only one airline to the IOM from DUB (Aer Lingus) and they operate small ATR props on this route, so capacity would be limited - and likely heavily booked for a large event.

Yes, yes, I imagine I am Last minute change though, as I'd never expected to have time to go. Even the ferry seems sold out, so unless I hitch a ride with John Candy (or another FTer ) I'll probably be sitting it out, but if FT can't help, no one can!

Thanks,
Richard
Old May 30, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
How's your swimming?
Old May 31, 2013, 1:03 am

Sorry, but I think 'reasonable fare' and 'TT races' can't be in the same sentence.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Hire a rowing boat?
Old May 31, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colmc
How's your swimming?
Not good enough!

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Hire a rowing boat?
This might work better though.

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Sorry, but I think 'reasonable fare' and 'TT races' can't be in the same sentence.
Sure they can... try this one:
"I literally laughed out loud when I read rsolomon asking about a reasonable fare to the IOM TT races - at the last minute no less!"

Is hitchhiking legal in those parts? Maybe I'll stand by the ferry station and look pitiful ^ perhaps with a sign "Will trade beer for travel!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.