Go Back   > > >

Old Jun 28, 10, 6:59 pm   #1
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
LHR and connecting Flight times

I'm looking to take a flight that originates in the US, a connection in Canada and connect again in LHR on my way to Rome. When I land in LHR on AC, do I need to go thru immigration/customs in order to connect to a LH flight? I'm trying to estimate how much time I will need between flights to make my connections.
Bonesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 10, 8:23 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaz View Post
I'm looking to take a flight that originates in the US, a connection in Canada and connect again in LHR on my way to Rome. When I land in LHR on AC, do I need to go thru immigration/customs in order to connect to a LH flight? I'm trying to estimate how much time I will need between flights to make my connections.
As you are eligible to use the Flight Connections Center, you can remain airside, with no need to officially enter the UK (hence no need for Immigration or Customs). At the FCC, you will go through a security check, then proceed to your departure area or lounge (if you have access).

Of course, you should ask AC to provide you with your continuing boarding passes for the LH flight.
Non-NonRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 10, 12:39 am   #3

LH flight to Rome from LHR? Must be a code share unless you have another connection in Germany. I'd check as neither BA or Alitalia (the only airlines that fly LHR to Rome) are members of the same alliance as Air Canada. In fact I'd check that your onward flight is from LHR and doesn't involve a transfer to Gatwick.

But assuming that everything is OK then your luggage should be checked through all the way from US to Italy and so you can stay airside all the way to Rome EVEN if you don't get all your onward boarding cards.
alanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 10, 3:30 am   #4
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN*, HH Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanR View Post
LH flight to Rome from LHR? Must be a code share unless you have another connection in Germany.
LH has direct flights from LHR to MXP (Milan's wrong airport as it's sometimes called) but no connecting flights to Rome from MXP. As alanR pointed out there are LH flights to FCO via DUS, FRA and MUC.
NewbieRunner is offline   Reply With Quote