Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Security Queues - terrible !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
I've been through twice this month - no queue at all for security
Good, glad to hear it. I also had a smooth experience leaving during the evening peak hour so it would seem LCY is back to normal. ^
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Any recent experiences at LCY? I have a forthcoming flight at 845 am--how much time should I allow?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
Originally Posted by rfrost
Any recent experiences at LCY? I have a forthcoming flight at 845 am--how much time should I allow?
I had an 0840 flight this morning. There was no real queue at security. Both the old and the new security were open. It took about 10 minutes - mostly because there just isn't enough room after the scanner for people to re-pack their bags. All it needs is one person to have a bag searched or to need a hand-search and the space after the scanner is full.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by traveller42
I had an 0840 flight this morning. There was no real queue at security. Both the old and the new security were open. It took about 10 minutes - mostly because there just isn't enough room after the scanner for people to re-pack their bags. All it needs is one person to have a bag searched or to need a hand-search and the space after the scanner is full.
So is an hour before flight time reasonably safe--or should I aim for 75 minutes? 90?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

So is an hour before flight time reasonably safe--or should I aim for 75 minutes? 90?
I'd vote that if you walk off the DLR at the station an hour before, you'd have plenty of time.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
So, anybody want to apply for this job at LCY ? http://www.reed.co.uk/job-details/Do...JobID=19574184

Amongst the responsibilities:

- Driving continuous improvement of the queuing management system across the airport in varying areas
- Modelling of queuing systems

Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
Yesterday morning, you'd have made it if you'd turned up 30 minutes before departure with hand luggage only and a printed boarding pass in your hand. I wouldn't recommend cutting it that close.

Walking off the DLR one hour before departure would have left you plenty of time to have coffee and some kind of breakfast. It's also plenty of margin in case yesterday morning was much quieter than average.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 8:02 am

Passed through LCY on 12 November at 18H30, no security queues at all.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:42 pm

I allowed some extra time, as I understood there had been some bad delays on the DLR the previous day, and, since it was running smoothly that day, arrived about 85 minutes before my flight. Very short queue at Security and I was through in 8 minutes or so. Had a rather long wait as my flight was 45 minutes late.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 3:13 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Bumping to see what recent experiences are at LCY.

I've got a Sunday evening flight coming up (19:45 - there's quite a bank of the 100-seaters leaving within 10 minutes of that) and would quite like to eat at the airport. Any regulars who travel around that time know when the queue peaks and troughs are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.