Wiki Posts
Search

Remarkably good TWA experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2001, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Remarkably good TWA experience

I just completed a R/T from DFW to STL on TWA, and I was pleasantly surprised. Last Wed., I realized that I had to travel to STL at the last-minute. All fares were $600+ on any airline. So I called TWA about 24 hours before flight time, and I got a 15K-mile award ticket - no charge - on exactly the flights I wanted. Over the weekend, I realized that I had to change my return date by a day, and was able to do so at no charge. There was no line at either airport (I'm not elite, either) and baggage showed up promptly on both ends. Both flights were on time, and I had seat 8D both ways (arguably the best seat in the cabin on the DC-9).

Although I don't use TWA much, I must say that I will miss the 15K awards, as well as the easy award availability so close to flight time. On AA, this itinerary would have been 40K miles, and I would have had to pay $50 to "expedite" the award (even though no paper ticket was involved).
Old Mar 4, 2001, 11:43 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Actually, in Coach it should have only been 25K on AA.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 12:20 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Yep, also had some good recent experiences on TWA...Too bad they're in such trouble.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Actually, in Coach it should have only been 25K on AA.
Why would it have been 25K, free? Remember, AA has two coach NA R/T point levels...

(from aa.com http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
PlanAAhead Award 1 Ticket Coach Class P25M
AAnytime Award 1 Ticket Coach Class A40T

I'm thinking 24 hours did NOT qualify as a PlanAAhead award.

...but I wasn't there http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tongue.gif

Old Mar 6, 2001, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
rpm: You are correct - this would have been an "AAnytime" award on American.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.