Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

No-Show last leg, flight booked 3 days later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

I am coming from Asia, transfering the same day in IST to my last destination in Germany.
I wanted to rebook the last leg to spend 2 days in Istanbul, which was not possible. Now I have found a cheap far for a one way ticket IST-DUS 3 days later.

My plan was now to get off in IST, skip the last leg to Germany on my original ticket, and then fly home with the additional bought ticket 3 days later.

Should I be worried about any form of Penalty from TK for the no-show?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
it should be no problem. no penalty are applied for no show, or at least never heard about it...
the important is that the one you miss is the last leg of your ticket, otherwise you'll lose all the subsequent ones.

the only issue you might encounter is to get your luggage as it is possible they'll refuse to check the luggage only to IST and not to your final destination.

i had a smilar need in China years ago; i checked till the final destination and after landing i went to the luggage counter and asked to get my bags instead of having them shipped till destination. all worked just fine (in about 1 hour), but Cinese are kind and efficient. not sure IST airport is prepared to do so...

good luck...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply! On other Airlines I never had a Problem checking the bags only until the transfering Airport. Let's see how it goes on TK this time.

I am just a little worried about buying the new one way Ticket ex IST before even "missing" the last leg. I mean it's pretty obvious it will be an intentional no Show for my old ticket
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No need to worry. TK will do nothing if/when you no-show for the last leg. No-show fee will only be applicable if you try to rebook the last leg after the no-show. No-show happens all the time/every day so nobody will bat an eye.

There should be no link to your new ticket to DUS so I wouldn't hesitate to buy it in advance (rather than after you arrive IST).

At check-in at point of origin ask to be checked to IST only. If chek-in agent refuses and you have luggage to check-in, it becomes a bit complicated as bags will be tagged all the way to Germany. To retrieve bags at IST inform TK as soon possible after disembarking at IST that you will not fly to Germany and you need to retrieve your bags at IST. It is important to let TK know that you willl not travel to Germany so you can be offloaded from the flight and not cause any delay; otherwise the staff at the gate will be waiting for you, page you etc and may even decide to delay the flight a bit in order for you to get on the flight - this is not what you want.

It may take a while before your bags will appear on the bagage belt so be patient.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
Originally Posted by pewi
I am just a little worried about buying the new one way Ticket ex IST before even "missing" the last leg. I mean it's pretty obvious it will be an intentional no Show for my old ticket
as you already paid for the leg you do not fly, TK does not care. actually they make the overbooking counting on these kinds of happenings and can sell more seats than the available ones.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
otherwise the staff at the gate will be waiting for you, page you etc and may even decide to delay the flight a bit in order for you to get on the flight - this is not what you want.
Not may - it WILL delay the flight.

After they page for you once or twice, they will then have to start the process of offloading the bags - because due to PPBM (Positive passenger bag matching) the bags can't fly if the passenger doesn't.

Depending on the type of plane and how lucky they are, offloading a bag might take anywhere from a few minutes up to 30+ minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.