Search

ET P Class Mileage Accrual

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
ET P Class Mileage Accrual

Hi,

I have a flight booked on ET in J with the fare bucket P. I'm not getting any info on the TK Partner Earning website about the mileage accrual on Miles&Smiles. Does anyone have any info regarding this?

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://www.wheretocredit.com/ethiopian-airlines/p

Not that Wheretocredit is absolutely definitive, but Ethiopian P is clearly not a fare class that earns miles with partners...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you can't find any information on accrual for ET P class in the milage earning chart/information, it is safe to assume that you will earn zero miles with M&S
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:31 am

100% certain from personal experience that it earns ZERO miles with Miles and Smiles.

However, ET will let you retro-claim to their own Sheba Miles program even if you have the M&S number on your boarding pass since no miles post to M&S.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Not that many people outside of China use the program, but it can also credit to Phoenix Miles. Unless you live in China and already have a load of Phoenix Miles, then I'd definitely credit to Sheba Miles, it's not a bad program overall though depending on the trip you have booked may take a few more flights credited to redeem anything useful.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I've been on ET P before and can confirm zero miles with TK.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Has anything changed, or is it still 0 miles in P class?

Not that is definitive, wheretocredit now says 'P' class earns 100% on TK?!! ET P credit to TK M&S
Old May 5, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, United Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I can confirm-- I just did a round-trip on P class DEL-ADD and received zero MileagePlus mile credits for the flight. I've never heard of a (discounted) paid biz fare being eligible for zero miles before. Perhaps I have lived in darkness until now??
Old May 5, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FiveGuysNamedRay
I can confirm-- I just did a round-trip on P class DEL-ADD and received zero MileagePlus mile credits for the flight. I've never heard of a (discounted) paid biz fare being eligible for zero miles before. Perhaps I have lived in darkness until now??
Welcome to FT FiveGuysNamedRay,

As you are a newbie, I am answering your question even though you are in the wrong forum. This is the Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles forum. Your case is related to the United MileagePlus forum
I am upset to tell you that P class in Ethiopian wouldn't give you miles on MileagePlus. You could see the relevant mileage charts below.
And yes, there are discounted business fare classes in some other airlines as well that could only earn mileage for their own respective FQTV program. In your case, Ethiopian P could only be credited to ShebaMiles and Air China PhoenixMiles.

Old May 5, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, United Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Thanks yes, wrong forum-- it was just the one place I found a discussion of ET P class mileage earnings. I guess I will be a little wiser in the future.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by FiveGuysNamedRay
I can confirm-- I just did a round-trip on P class DEL-ADD and received zero MileagePlus misele credits for the flight. I've never heard of a (discounted) paid biz fare being eligible for zero miles before. Perhaps I have lived in darkness until now??
Lufthansa P class is equally annoying.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:44 am

However, I checked and my upcoming Air Canada flight (in P) DEL-YVR is eligible for 200% miles......go figure....
Old May 5, 2019, 4:39 am

United F is also 0 on TK M&S
Old May 6, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Has anything changed, or is it still 0 miles in P class?

Not that is definitive, wheretocredit now says 'P' class earns 100% on TK?!! ET P credit to TK M&S
Well, after almost half a dozen flights in 'P' class, I can safely say that ET 'P' earns a BIG-FAT-NADA / ZILCH / ZERO on TK M&S.

P.S. I thought I posted this info earlier, on another thread?!! Maybe I missed it!!
starflyergold likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It has been posted in various different threads and forums - old news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.