Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Question about Vegetarian/Vegan meal in TK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I do not eat meat (that includes fish, chicken, red meat, seafood, any flesh). I also avoid eating dairy and eggs, although I make exceptions sometimes: for instance I order some breads or desserts that use milk or eggs occasionally.

I have an upcoming flight on business class in TK from South America to Asia and have requested the vegan menu. Has anybody here ordered the vegan menu in business class? Is it worth it or should I just order the normal menu and choose the vegetarian options?

Thanks!^
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
My wife has always been throughly disappointed with the vegan option. If it is an option, I would ask for a vegitarian meal, and inform the purser when you board so they are sure to keep one back for you.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:01 pm

I recently flew several long haul segments in TK J and pre-ordered VLML (vegetarian) meals. They were fine: 1 was excellent, 1 was average, and the rest were good.

I, too, prefer vegan but decided to pre-order VLML instead of VGML. You may want to order VLML as well if you can tolerate some dairy products.

Some of the regular starter dishes may be vegan. The regular soup may sound vegetarian but in my case, it contained meat stock. One of the main dishes should be vegetarian, but you never know if there's any meat or seafood stock in the sauce, etc., so better to pre-order a real vegetarian meal. Some of the dessert items may contain gelatin.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the tips! Greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.