Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade with TK miles on JP flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Upgrade with TK miles on JP flight

Hi,

I will be soon flying with Adria Airways (JP) from Ljubljana (LJU) to Zurich (ZRH). I have question how many miles is required for upgrade from Economy to Business? Because by the award table is 11 250 miles required.

My account have 18 500 miles and I get an error: "There is not enough miles to accomplish successfull upgrade, pls contact to your airline(TK /530)" when I try to upgrade.

Thank you
DC10
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
I don't think you can upgrade *A flight on the website, I don't even think you can upgrade TK flights online, so you would have to get in touch with a sales office or the call centre. I have never upgraded a *A flight before but I seem to remember that you have to be booked in booking class Y and there has to be availability in booking class I
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The JP economy flight has to be booked in Y or B for this to work on the Star Alliance website. https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...A/LoginPage.do The flight is from Europe1 to Europe 2 requiring 20,000 miles.

Codeshare bookings are not eligible for upgrades. Your reservation must be under the flight number of the airline operating the flight.

Personally this seems such a waste of miles for such a short hop.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by DC10
Hi,

I will be soon flying with Adria Airways (JP) from Ljubljana (LJU) to Zurich (ZRH). I have question how many miles is required for upgrade from Economy to Business? Because by the award table is 11 250 miles required.

My account have 18 500 miles and I get an error: "There is not enough miles to accomplish successfull upgrade, pls contact to your airline(TK /530)" when I try to upgrade.

Thank you
DC10
This route is operated with CRJ900 and flying time is 35'. The seats are the same, you get a snack and that's it.
I wouldn't upgrade, especially for that amount of miles and paying an expensive Y or B class ticket.

Also, Adria offers upgrades from 99 EUR for many destinations. You can do it through their web: www.adria.si or directly at the airport LJU.
You can also send an e-mail to: [email protected] and they will respond accordingly!

Enjoy SloveNIA which is beautiful, especially now with some snow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.