Wiki Posts
Search

FT IST DO???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
FT IST DO???

I went to FT London DO this summer and it was quite a good experience, I really enjoyed meeting other FT'ers as it is a rather mixed bunch of people. I have been wondering if it would be possible to organise a similar thing in Istanbul? I guess the hurdles would be that most of the people who are active on this board does not live in Istanbul and are therefore seldom in town at the same time.

I did think about posting something in the Lounge Meet Up Thread but that seems to mainly about guesting people into the lounge.

When I am in Turkey myself I tend to be either in Alanya (GZP or AYT) or Istanbul. I am not sure when I will be back in Turkey for longer stays, but my next short IST dates will most likely be 14th, 18th and 23/24th of January. If anyone is around I would be up for organising something or just having a drink in the lounge.

(Hopefully the FT'ers stuck there now will be back home by then)
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like a fun idea, though not sure if now is the right time to visit Istanbul. On my previous visit in March 2016 I was caught in the middle of a shootout on the street, and on the following morning there was a terrorist attack at Taksim.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
I've have just taken the T1 tram to Kabatas and walked past the Vodafone Arena to meet a friend in Besiktas without feeling any unsafer than I would in NYC, Copenhagen or London so it is obviously all relative.

I will be in the IST lounge on the 24th from 3pm to 8pm so if there are any other FT's around at that time who would want to meet for coffee feel free to PM me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.