Wiki Posts
Search

Does TK allow same day changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Does TK allow same day changes

Hi,

I could not find this in another thread.
Is it possible to do free same day changes with TK? If not where can I find the fees corresponding to my booking class?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Typically not possible without paying change fee + fare difference. If you can give a compelling reason for them to move you up (e.g. storm expected later in the day), they might make exceptions.

To find out what change fee + fare difference is, call TK (or the travel agent if booked that way).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Only on domestic routes and only within four hours

Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Hi,

I could not find this in another thread.
Is it possible to do free same day changes with TK? If not where can I find the fees corresponding to my booking class?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
There seems to be a lack of protocol when it comes to practice. I take at least 2 domestic flights every week and each station(I use the CIP Lounge) handles my requests differently. Some say that status matters whereas SAW claims it's sorted by the time a passenger makes the claim. However they don't log in anything into their system so in my opinion it's up to the agent in the lounge. Also I wonder what happens to the passengers who use the main terminal. I doubt both stations coordinate with each other. Speaking from experience it also helps to approach the agent in the boarding area just before boarding begins for the flight you'd like to take and ask if there are no shows. If that's the case and you're travelling with no luggage agent would manually write down your seat on the BP. In sum, you need to be alert and proactive and interpersonal skills help a lot.

Last edited by aircommodore; Aug 15, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:17 pm

Group of 3 traveling LAX-IST-FCO. One of us accidentally booked on the later flight (TK10) out of LAX and the other 2 are on the earlier flight (TK76) Any chance of getting our friend on the earlier flight with us when we check in? I already called and they said if we purchased another ticket, same day & same name, other flight time they would refund the the incorrect one. I wasn't trusting that though.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:06 pm

I only have experience of requesting a same day change at outstaion locations - once in OSL and once in HEL - both times I had a paid Business Class ticket and both times I was refused unless I paid the change fee. The Turks who man these stations are generally quite inflexible, if not downright rude.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:59 am
Original Poster

This is of great help, thanks all. I will report my experiences
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:57 pm

Once I asked Turkish Airlines to change the date of return ticket two months! in advance. They said that this is a subject of a change fee that was 100 bucks above the price of a one-way ticket on their website.

I said that I'd rather buy another ticket from a different airline. They cancelled my ticket and promised a $126 refund, which they never paid.

So, basically, it is highly unlikely you will get the same date change on international flight. Or it will be a rip-off.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by SchrottFly
I only have experience of requesting a same day change at outstaion locations - once in OSL and once in HEL - both times I had a paid Business Class ticket and both times I was refused unless I paid the change fee.
I have done same day change at OSL 4 or 5 times over the last couple of year (changing from the evening flight to the flight around lunch time), and have never been rejected. I just go to the TK ticketing office in the departure hall and they fix it.

The Turks who man these stations are generally quite inflexible, if not downright rude.
I second that, maybe especially at OSL? I find them a bit more friendly at CPH, there you even get a smile from time to time......
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:32 am

Success!

On a recent trip I had a one-way ticket IST-TLV booked in economy (Q). I was arriving to IST on a separate ticket so left a wide margin between the two flights. As I arrived in IST I realized I had some 3.5 hours for my TLV flight, but there was an earlier flight in 2 hours. I asked the lounge agent whether it would be possible to move to the earlier flight, and within 2 minutes I had a new boarding pass. Very happily surprised! (I'm Elite, not sure if it mattered.)

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.