Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Crediting an upgraded ticket to a different program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I've always wondered about how it works when upgrading your ticket using miles. From what I've understood mileage upgrades book into J, though if you credit to TK you'll earn miles for your original booking class. However, what happens if you change FFP at check-in to a different *A airline. Will it also credit based on the original booking class, or will it credit as J?

If you compare with Aegean who books their upgrades into I (award Business) they credit 0 to partners, whereas the original mileage is credited if you have an A3 card entered.

Would the same principle work for TK?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

It does not matter, the original booking class will still be credited (if it gets credited).

I have a few times upgraded my A3 flights with the upgrade coupon but credit them to TK, and no matter by which method (automatic or by manual request), the original booking class is credited.

So changing the FFP will only either just delay the credit process or a manual request is needed - because the upgraded class is not eligible.

Cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Neither of my A3 flights upgraded using vouchers have credited to my TK account, despite several emails and manual requests.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
See my question in this thread
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
I have similar problems with flights, which I had with Turkish: I was flying in (upgraded) business class J and when I wanted to credit miles to LH Miles and more because they give 150% for class J (Aegean only 100) but finally they credited only original economy class. I sent it once again (manual credit) and let us see what happens...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
There is no "problem"; Miles&More did exactly the right thing. You are supposed to only earn miles based on your original paid booking class, not your upgraded class. Of course, sometimes glitches happen but you have zero entitlement to anything more than the Economy Class miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.