Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Process to add infant to existing booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA Silver (at least for a few more months)
Process to add infant to existing booking

Hi All,

I am looking to book my first trip on Turkish Airlines, ORD - IST - DEL for Dec 2016. Currently we are 3 passengers but will need to add an infant to the booking after he/she is born in Oct.

What is the process for adding an infant to the booking?
How many days/weeks prior to the flight must the infant be added?
Is there a bassinet I should request when adding the infant or is that dealt with at the airport?

Apologies if this is covered in another post, I was unable to find it.

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
I don't know how it works to add an infant later on. I would imagine you just need to call their ticket/sales office and add from there.

As for the bassinet, they put in a request. In my case, the infant was booked with me and DW. However, I remember having to ask them for a bassinet. First time I was told it would be there for sure. Second time I was told its based on availability, then a third time I was told to make to ask for it at the airport.

Ah Turkish.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the response. Seems similar to the AI process.

I called the ticket office and was told to book and then call ORD office 48 hours prior to request bassinet. No indication whether it will be available or not.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I had to go in person to the ticket counter for the INF ticket and ordered bassinet months in advance on my ticket no problem. I paid for 10% of present price of J so was very expensive and that's why I went early to get the INF ticket.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by samosa
I had to go in person to the ticket counter for the INF ticket and ordered bassinet months in advance on my ticket no problem. I paid for 10% of present price of J so was very expensive and that's why I went early to get the INF ticket.
Turkish is so out of date, that ticketing as you mentioned, and especially award tickets on non TK metal is a huge pain. Especially if you don't live in a city they operate in.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by shakim
Turkish is so out of date, that ticketing as you mentioned, and especially award tickets on non TK metal is a huge pain. Especially if you don't live in a city they operate in.
Yeah, but to clarify I didn't have to go in advance-- I just did so to save money on the last minute J fare. So if I had waited till day of, I could have spent 20 minutes doing the same thing but paid 10% of 5k, instead I went on an earlier trip to the airport and paid 10% of like a 4k ticket. In hindsight I should have purchased an economy ticket for the kid and gotten him some UA miles!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

That is a good suggestion, given how much fares change closer to travel date. I was hoping to get some confirmation for peace of mind that once I pay for bassinet it will be available when we travel but the service agent on the phone wasn't able to confirm. He kept saying a request will be added to your ticket.
Anyway, more to follow when I show up at the Chicago ticket office.
Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:35 am

Yeah, that's all they say. That a request will be noted.

On the plane, it seemed like they had a certain number of bassinets on board. The attendants were basically going around asking people with small kids in the bulkhead seats if they would like a bassinet.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by l2travel2
That is a good suggestion, given how much fares change closer to travel date. I was hoping to get some confirmation for peace of mind that once I pay for bassinet it will be available when we travel but the service agent on the phone wasn't able to confirm. He kept saying a request will be added to your ticket.
Anyway, more to follow when I show up at the Chicago ticket office.
Thanks!
How did this end up panning out? I'm waiting until the kiddo is born and I'm going to try to add him after.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:42 pm

Infant ticket issued only at airport ?

Hi all, wanted to get some advise on getting infant tickets issued. We got our award tickets done before our kid was delivered. Now, we have got to the point of having his name added as a passenger but customer service insists that we can only get it ticketed at the airport. Tried HUCA but seems like this is the same answer. Anyone can share their experience with infant ticketing ? Is it true that tickets can only be issued at ticketing office / airport? Just don’t really want the hassle of surprises on flight day without tickets issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.