Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Can't view reservation online after schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

I booked an international award ticket on TK.com. I could pull it up on TK.com using the record locator. Recently the flight time changed by 5min. When I called to select seat today, the agent said he had to make some adjustment in the system due to the 5min time change. He then assigned the seats I requested. However, now when I tried to pull up the booking on TK.com, I get this error:

The payment and ticket collection cannot be made via web pages since a change has been made a change on your reservation. For payment and ticket collection please contact a Turkish Airlines sales office and/or call Turkish Airlines Call Center +9 (0) 212 444 0849.

Is this the normal behavior? For my future reference, is there a better way I could have handled it so I can still see it online after a schedule change?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:15 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Call them - you should see both original and new segments. When they clean up reservation you should see only a new segment.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It's now showing as you said, a day later. Guess the system took a day to clean up.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

email notification of schedule change - need to do anything?

I received an email notification that my flight in about a month has been shifted in the schedule by about an hour. That is acceptable to me, but I am wondering if I need to acknowledge somehow. When I look up the reservation on TK's website, the seat assignments table for that segment is split into two columns (instead of one), and it shows the selection I'd made in one half and a '–' in the other half. Will this update itself after a day or so?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try to look up your ticket (not your reservation) on TK.com - assuming that you have a 235-XX.../TK-ticket. If all segments are OK (status "HK") then you are good to go. If segments are "unconfirmed" or "time schedule" you need to call TK.

The general schedule change of 1 hour due to Turkey changing policy and applying daylight saving time even during the winter, does not need to be confirmed by pax.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If segments are "unconfirmed" or "time schedule" you need to call TK.
What would happen if you did not call TK in that case?

Last edited by boosh; Jan 30, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I don't know. Me guess it will be dealt with at check-in.

Usually, when you see unconfirmed/time change segments you will also be able to see the new flight times as new segments or the new flight that you have been rebooked to - these segments will appear sd "HK" i.e. confirmed.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
So in that case you would actually be better of not confirming the schedule change as it would allow you change or cancel your flight with out charge, give that the original change was more than 15 min?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Try to look up your ticket (not your reservation) on TK.com - assuming that you have a 235-XX.../TK-ticket. If all segments are OK (status "HK") then you are good to go. If segments are "unconfirmed" or "time schedule" you need to call TK.

The general schedule change of 1 hour due to Turkey changing policy and applying daylight saving time even during the winter, does not need to be confirmed by pax.
Thanks for the advice. I had to revert to the old site before I could see the status clearly, but it showed two listings for the affected flight with 'cancelled' next to the old time and 'schedule change' next to the new time.

So once I finally got around to calling, I had a long but straightforward conversation to confirm the change, and now everything is 'HK'.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:03 pm

Looking for suggestions on what to do.

I am flying BOS-IST-BOM and back (in J if that makes a difference). TK changed the time on IST -BOM, which will now depart a whopping 5 minutes early and also BOM-IST which now land a full 5 minutes early.

When I pull up my reservation using either PNR or e-TKT # I get the following message and it does not let me select seats or anything else:

Please confirm your new flight by contacting our call center, otherwise you will not be able to check-in. If you do not wish to confirm your flight, you can cancel your ticket.

So I called and was told that since this is a 3rd party booking I have to contact them, So I sent Vayama CS an email, 48 hours later I got a response and a new e ticket with only one of the flights reflecting the new time and I am still seeing the error.

Where do I go from here? TIA.

​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.