Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

IST-MLE/BKK availability ending abruptly 3/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway

Hey I was hoping some of you might know TK patterns better than I do.

I'm looking at availability on Turkish to Male, which seems phenomenal up until March 15th, when it cuts out completely. Bangkok is the exact same. Whereas if you plug in Chicago or Singapore, the availability continues.

Both the BKK and MLE flights continue past the 15th -- it's not like the route is stopping -- so can any of you hazard a guess as to why availability goes from every single day to not at all? I've seen stuff like this around Christmas for their American routes, but Easter isn't until April 16th next year so that would seem very odd (and frankly, it would be odd even if Easter was in late March). Is there some huge demand for travel to exotic places from Istanbul in mid-March?
Old May 5, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
Hey I was hoping some of you might know TK patterns better than I do.

I'm looking at availability on Turkish to Male, which seems phenomenal up until March 15th, when it cuts out completely. Bangkok is the exact same. Whereas if you plug in Chicago or Singapore, the availability continues.

Both the BKK and MLE flights continue past the 15th -- it's not like the route is stopping -- so can any of you hazard a guess as to why availability goes from every single day to not at all? I've seen stuff like this around Christmas for their American routes, but Easter isn't until April 16th next year so that would seem very odd (and frankly, it would be odd even if Easter was in late March). Is there some huge demand for travel to exotic places from Istanbul in mid-March?
Perhaps the number of Iranians looking for an exotic place to spend Noruz goes up at that time?
Old May 5, 2016, 11:12 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Do not panic, yet.

They use very outdated IBM Res3 system (internally known as TROY) and I guess many things need to be done manually. Give them some time.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Thanks man

I'll try to stay away from the ledge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.