Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having trouble crediting TK flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

I flew 8 TK segments this year and so far none credited to mileage plus. I submitted claims on the UA site and nothing. Called a week ago - still nothing. Is it just me or is this going to be a systematic TK issue?
Old May 4, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
What routes and booking classes?
Old May 4, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
You may want to look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-55-a-10.html

It seems that not all TK fare buckets translate to MP credit; there was a hiccup on this issue about this time last year, as per the above thread.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
I had two short-haul TK flights in earning fare classes credit within 5 days of the flights earlier this year so perhaps the problem is the fare class involved.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
My guess would be that at least some of your flights are in fare classes that do not earn. TK flights usually credit after 4-5 days.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

TK Miles Not Crediting - What to Do?

I have flown 8 TK segments so far this year and so far none have credited to Mileage Plus. I submitted claims online - nothing. Two weeks ago I called and reported it - still nothing.

What do I do now to get this to credit?
Old May 10, 2014, 1:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
First question, as always, what was TK's fare class?

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=306
Old May 10, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

varying but creditable
Old May 10, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NYTA
varying but creditable
You cannot get help without specific booking fare classes. If any of your fares does not belong to M, H, S, E, Q, V, T, L, Y, B, U, A, O, J, F, C, D, K, you will not get credits from United MP. Happy travels.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
TK Miles Not Crediting - What to Do?

I've flown 8 TK segments since December and my wife 4 in A, Y, and L class's (two of my wife's were M) and all properly credited within 4-5 days of each flight.

What booking classes were you in, and furthermore, were these classes on TK-marketed flights booked as TK flight XXX or on another carriers codeshare, (I.e. Booked as UA flight YYYY or AC flight ZZZX)? If the latter - the classes you see on the ticket could be different than the TK class you were booked in - and could have mapped to a non-crediting class.

Also, is your name different on the tickets you flew with TK vs. the name on your MP account. Like does your MP account have your middle name but the tickets you flew on TK only have your first/last. If the names don't match exactly, crediting can be problematic.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

When I submitted the claim on the website I gave my exact seat assignment so they ought to be able to find me. All boarding passes say "Y".
Old May 11, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
When I submitted the claim on the website I gave my exact seat assignment so they ought to be able to find me. All boarding passes say "Y".
Not what your boarding pass states, but the actual e-ticket receipt shows.

Most airline's boarding passes do NOT show the actual class of service you purchased but defaults to "Y" cabin. For example regardless of my business class fare on my e-ticket, say a "Z" fare, on my boarding pass it shows "C" or "J" depending on the airline. There was a time PM UA where the stub the airline collected when you ran the boarding pass through the machine at the gate before boarding, would have the actual class of service in small letters at the bottom. The stub you kept would show Y/C/F next to the flight number.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:34 am

Try to call them, and tell them you already submitted a claim online.
On the phone theyll look into it right away.
Old May 11, 2014, 2:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
All boarding passes say "Y".
Ruh-roh. I'm guessing G or similar non-crediting fare class.
Old May 11, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
My wife and I flew this year and had the same issue. I submitted the claim online and got no response. For another similar issue (forgot which airlines it was), the first time I submitted the claim online, it went through but no credit or response was given. The second time I tried to submit the claim online, the system notified me the fare class was not creditable....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.