Is this the new Business Class? [PHOTO]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is this the new Business Class? [PHOTO]

Somebody posted this to Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/2ieMpYohOj/

It does very much appear to be a slightly enhanced version of their current Business Class with improved privacy screens and IFE controllers. Though personally it doesn't look too impressive considering that the 2-3-2 layout is already outdated and that most airlines are already switching to all aisle access seats. So I certainly hope this isn't their new Business Class as it would otherwise be a pretty half assed version.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by LH4116

It does very much appear to be a slightly enhanced version of their current Business Class with improved privacy screens and IFE controllers. Though personally it doesn't look too impressive considering that the 2-3-2 layout is already outdated and that most airlines are already switching to all aisle access seats. So I certainly hope this isn't their new Business Class as it would otherwise be a pretty half assed version.
I wonder if it's one of the second hand A330's they got from JJ or 9W? I haven't seen photos of the C seats on those planes so not sure what they look like.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:42 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Even if it is the new business class, I am fine with it for the price you pay. In my opinion, the value paid and what you get on TK is for more better than other more established airline in Europe.
For me as long as I can get a nice flat bed, good food and service, that is good enough for me.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
This is indeed the new TK business class.
I had this seat a few weeks ago from BKK to IST on their new A-330
It is basically the same as before but with new IFE control a closed Ottoman which is much more convenient and some other small changes and with free internet at a good speed.
The comfort is the same as the old one.
No direct aisle access unfortunately but one of the best seats after that.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Interesting. Yeah it's true that TK offer a very good value proposition and the current seats are quite decent for the price you pay. Though investing in seats is a long term investment for the airline, so it would have seemed a bit smarter to go with direct aisle access as it would hold up against the competition in the longer run. Since TK are aspiring to be one of the best airlines in the world, one would think that it's in their interest to do so. But at least I hope this is just a facelift to the current product, more as an interim solution until the next generation of seats come out. Kind of like Cathay did to their First Class cabin.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:23 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This is exactly the C seat, I was on flying on B777-300 IST-IAH the other day. The cofig is 49 C/300 Y.

Good things:
- much improved IFE with some sort of an IFE iPad control attached to the side wall
- lavatories at least 50% bigger
- slightly bigger and more stable meal tables

Bad things:
- still 2-3-2 config

Other than this - I didn't see too many changes to the hard product. For the soft product there was snack service between 2 meals - I do not recall anything like this on IST-GRU flights that are of a similar flying time.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by TPJ
I do not recall anything like this on IST-GRU flights that are of a similar flying time.
They do serve some smoked salmon sandwiches and the likes in between meals.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Yep this is the new C on the newly refurbished 777.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Yep this is the new C on the newly refurbished 777.
Refurbished how? No more Comfort Class? Or are you referring to the factory delivered planes without Comfort Class.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Refurbished how? No more Comfort Class? Or are you referring to the factory delivered planes without Comfort Class.
I don't know if the plane is new or not, it's the 777 that has no CC.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
I don't know if the plane is new or not, it's the 777 that has no CC.
IMHO these are new 777's, that have never had CC.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
IMHO these are new 777's, that have never had CC.
Interesting. A friend of mine flew one of these 777s a few months ago, and it had the same J product as the older planes with Comfort Class.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:31 am

There is no new cabin!!

It is just a minor update, but still the same cabin. They come in with the newly delivered A333s and 777s, which also have a newer android based more responsive IFE.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:52 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
This is the lightly refreshed version.

You can tell as there is a wired remote near the passenger's shoulder that you can operate the AVOD. The other old version, the remote is lower down near the Empower port if I recall correctly.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
For the folks complaining about middle seat - how many times did you fly this J configuration, and how many times did you end up in the middle seat? I am probably at 15/0, so I honestly could not care less about 2-3-2 config as long as they keep the hard and soft product...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.