Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge for economy long-haul pax at the new IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:13 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

At the new IST TK will offer a lounge to long-haul economy pax

http://www.gulf-times.com/mobile//op...ding-its-wings
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by starflyergold
At the new IST TK will offer a lounge to long-haul economy pax

http://www.gulf-times.com/mobile//op...ding-its-wings
Nice news, but it doesn't make sense - if it's the case, why should I run for TK E?

He also thinks pilots should be married to be happy

Putting more food on the table? The portion of food on TK flights has diminished.

I won't take it so seriously.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well I guess that kills off the whole concept of offering a lounge as something exclusive, and at the same time it doesn't really sound economic to offer a lounge specifically for Economy Class passengers.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
Well I guess that kills off the whole concept of offering a lounge as something exclusive, and at the same time it doesn't really sound economic to offer a lounge specifically for Economy Class passengers.
It's only for long haul passengers...I think GA already does something like this. However, given that TK has a much higher percentage of long-haul passengers than GA does, I'd be curious to see how this works out.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by 1353513636
It's only for long haul passengers...I think GA already does something like this. However, given that TK has a much higher percentage of long-haul passengers than GA does, I'd be curious to see how this works out.
Exactly - I only fly long haul with TK.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:22 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This might be something PG (Bangkok Airways) has for years- just a separate seating space with something to drink (water, juices) and something small to eat (cakes etc.). Currently they run these 'lounges for everyone' in BKK, USM, PNH.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by TPJ
This might be something PG (Bangkok Airways) has for years- just a separate seating space with something to drink (water, juices) and something small to eat (cakes etc.). Currently they run these 'lounges for everyone' in BKK, USM, PNH.
Ideally at the new airport, they could have 3 separate lounges.

1. Lounge for J and Elite Plus.
2. Lounge for Elite and Star Alliance Gold.
3. Lounge for TK long haul (for all passengers), Classic Plus, and Star Alliance Silver (optional).

C+ already has access to domestic CIP lounge. Once you've tried INT'L lounge it's nothing to get excited about but will be useful if you need to surf the web, grab a drink/snack, etc.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 28, 2015 at 1:49 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:25 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy
Ideally at the new airport, they should have 3 seperate lounges.

1. Lounge for J and Elite Plus.
2. Lounge for Elite and Star Allaince Gold.
3. Lounge for TK long haul (for all passengers), Class Plus, and Star Alliance Silver (optional).

C+ already has access to domestic CIP lounge. Once you've tried INT'L lounge it's nothing to get exceited about but will be useful if you need to sufr the web, grab a drink/snack, etc.
Be careful what you wish for or you might find yourself in a LH Business Class lounge which is marginally better than a bus shelter as *G.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Be careful what you wish for or you might find yourself in a LH Business Class lounge which is marginally better than a bus shelter as *G.
+1 food in the Business Class and Senator Lounges at FRA was absolutely horrible last month when I was there. Only processed meatballs and soup. Champagne was the redeeming feature, but it still doesn't make up for the lackluster food.

Hope TK doesn't change their current lounge setup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.