Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gnaget
So the highest level of status match is Elite? Has anyone received Elite Plus?
No one, ever.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by zontar2010
Do you have a timeline for your request processing duration?

ZT
Sure.

I originally applied on 31 October through the M&S link.
I received an email on 27 November requesting I resend the info.
On 28 November I resent a scanned image of both sides of my Air Canada Elite card and an updated statement as I had more activity in November.
Heard nothing but since it was now 2015 I thought I would start using TK anyway. When I logged into my M&S account it showed status given on 10 Jan! Valid until 31 Jan 2017.

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by YVR1972
Sure.

I originally applied on 31 October through the M&S link.
I received an email on 27 November requesting I resend the info.
On 28 November I resent a scanned image of both sides of my Air Canada Elite card and an updated statement as I had more activity in November.
Heard nothing but since it was now 2015 I thought I would start using TK anyway. When I logged into my M&S account it showed status given on 10 Jan! Valid until 31 Jan 2017.

Hope this helps!
So interesting to see the different timelines here. I have a trip to Asia from LHR coming up with TK so I would like to get my match in order to start accruing for renewal. I suppose the 24hr processing that has been noted here was a bit of a long shot.

ZT
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:08 am

So interesting to see the different timelines here. I have a trip to Asia from LHR coming up with TK so I would like to get my match in order to start accruing for renewal. I suppose the 24hr processing that has been noted here was a bit of a long shot.

ZT
Yes. It appears that it can be from a few days to a few months. I was really hoping to get it before a few of my upcoming longhauls. So like I said I was able to get it just in time for a long trans Pacific flight. Funny I only logged in because there was a Turkish flight to IST from LAX being announced for boarding in the lounge. So that prompted me to look and voila!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en
so.. Any idea what they are trying to say? they need my copy of card and statement?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasonkr
so.. Any idea what they are trying to say? they need my copy of card and statement?
Yes, they want both a copy of a recent statement and a photo of your card. They won't process it otherwise. Best solution is to save your web account statement as a PDF and include it in your request.

ZT
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:07 am
Suspended

I have UA Gold, and wondering what's the benefits to get the TK Gold since both are *A ?
Anyone can explain ?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
I have UA Gold, and wondering what's the benefits to get the TK Gold since both are *A ?
Anyone can explain ?
When is your UA gold expiring? TK status is good for 2 years plus renewal mileage is lower >>Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership<< I believe UA would be higher.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...its/elite-card

ZT
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
When is your UA gold expiring? TK status is good for 2 years plus renewal mileage is lower >>Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership<< I believe UA would be higher.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...its/elite-card

ZT
TK also have no revenue requirement, it is based on miles flown.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I requested a status match to my BAEC Gold (OWE) on 01/05/2015. Haven't heard anything yet.

Should I send them a reminder or wait a few more days before doing so.

I attached a pdf of my BA gold card and my last 3 months statement.
Have you sent you reminder in yet? I did so today, I would have sat back and waited, however I have a long haul TK trip in two weeks.

ZT
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
Anyone can explain ?
As above, easier to renew both in terms of miles (25k/year or 37.5k/2 years) and it lasts longer (2 years instead of 1)

In addition, you can go into United lounges in America
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Requested a match to A3*G on October 7, 2014. Also sent them a UA screen showing 570k lifetime miles. Mentioned an upcoming visit to IST. Since then used the TK number on my *A flights, including the November LH flight to IST.

On Dec. 30 received a followup email requesting a copy of the physical Gold card and a current statement, and emailed those back.

Today (Jan. 14) they emailed that my match to Elite has been confirmed, good through Jan. 31, 2017. The first year period for renewal is shown as Feb. 3 (?), 2016.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by bilofsky
Today (Jan. 14) they emailed that my match to Elite has been confirmed, good through Jan. 31, 2017. The first year period for renewal is shown as Feb. 3 (?), 2016.
Yeah. I received the same info... the first year showing an end date of Feb 3, 2016. Seems rather arbitrary.

I also received two emails notifying me that my first two flights have been credited to my M&S account. I have never belonged to a FF program that sends emails when your miles get posted. That's a nice touch too.

I am very happy to be rid of Aeroplan / Altitude on Air Canada. No need to obtain minimum AC flying now.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Sent pictures of my card (A3*G) and the statement (which had a couple of TK flights) using their online form. Although i didn't recieved any confirmation, 48 hours later I was upgraded to Elite Gold, checking my online M&S account.

Two days later, recieved an e-mail confirming my upgrade. Upgrade granted on January, valid until January 2017.

Good luck
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by stevespam
Sent pictures of my card (A3*G) and the statement (which had a couple of TK flights) using their online form. Although i didn't recieved any confirmation, 48 hours later I was upgraded to Elite Gold, checking my online M&S account.

Two days later, recieved an e-mail confirming my upgrade. Upgrade granted on January, valid until January 2017.

Good luck
Great to hear that your process was so fast! Can you remember the options you set on the webform? I'm plus a week waiting now with a TK trip coming up in less than two.

ZT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.