Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Got my status match within 24 hours upon request. I sent my a3*g with statement. With a cover letter saying I'm flying to Europe next month and keen to credit to TK.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Got my status match within 24 hours upon request. I sent my a3*g with statement. With a cover letter saying I'm flying to Europe next month and keen to credit to TK.
Did you have up to date flights in your statement? E.G: last two months.

Last edited by jimat3c; Jun 5, 2015 at 4:20 pm
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:53 pm

I'm having the same problem as n00b.

I've tried several times to status match, I upload PDFs of my mileage statement from each of the last two months, along with my card, and they continually give me the same response:

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your original Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement up to last two months by using the link below;

Umm... that's what I've done the last 3 times!! And I have nearly 10,000 miles credited toward my TK account.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: KF Gold
TK status match (2015)

Seems very hit and miss to me. I sent my A3 stuff to them together with all my activity for 2014 as I didn't have any for 2015. Requested to see my last 2 months and I replied and said I had none but had to keep chasing for responses and then radio silence. Sent my Marco Polo gold in after that only to receive a reply within 24 hours to say that they only matched OW Emeralds and not Sapphires.

Went back to the drawing board with A3 again and this time success within about a week even though I sent in the same stuff again. Received the pack about a month later.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by mingster23
Seems very hit and miss to me. I sent my A3 stuff to them together with all my activity for 2014 as I didn't have any for 2015. Requested to see my last 2 months and I replied and said I had none but had to keep chasing for responses and then radio silence. Sent my Marco Polo gold in after that only to receive a reply within 24 hours to say that they only matched OW Emeralds and not Sapphires.

Went back to the drawing board with A3 again and this time success within about a week even though I sent in the same stuff again. Received the pack about a month later.
That's what I hate, the inconsistency
My last A3 activities were 2014 also and I got asked for the last 2 months TWICE by A3

Anyway, I'll re-submit again
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:28 am

Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
That's what I hate, the inconsistency
My last A3 activities were 2014 also and I got asked for the last 2 months TWICE by A3

Anyway, I'll re-submit again
I read in your post 24th May you flew twice and credited A3, did you send
them in?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:17 pm

Out of interest did you send all your requests as "new feedback" ?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: KF Gold
TK status match (2015)

I followed up on the first one but the next 2 were both sent as new requests
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by jimat3c
I read in your post 24th May you flew twice and credited A3, did you send
them in?
My TK flights have NOT posted to A3 and I can't submit missing miles request yet due to insufficient "waiting time". Boo
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:07 am

Thanks mingster23 and jerryhung .
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mjstallion
I'm having the same problem as n00b.

I've tried several times to status match, I upload PDFs of my mileage statement from each of the last two months, along with my card, and they continually give me the same response:

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your original Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement up to last two months by using the link below;

Umm... that's what I've done the last 3 times!! And I have nearly 10,000 miles credited toward my TK account.
I also tried to send the original statement of AF and it doesnt work. Always the same response

Flying Blue Platinum with 92.000 miles since January and it seems that there is no status match possible :|
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by n00b
I also tried to send the original statement of AF and it doesnt work. Always the same response

Flying Blue Platinum with 92.000 miles since January and it seems that there is no status match possible :|
Just as a thought, are the copies you are sending under 1mb in size?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Instead of submitting over and over again... Maybe all the A3 refugees should actually fly the 40.000 miles and earn their status instead!!!??? (it really is not that difficult for those who actually fly!)

Or perhaps go bark up some other trees?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24909416-post92.html
Czech Airlines does a full status match pending you send in a form and upcoming booking. Air China does a full status match and doesn't even require a booking. Cathay Pacific also does full status matches if you have a competing Asian carrier membership or upcoming bookings.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by jimat3c
Did you have up to date flights in your statement? E.G: last two months.
No. I think my last flight was 4 mos ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.