Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jimat3c
I'm curios, did you send in your request as "new feedback" or "previous feedback"?
The previous conversation was really long by then so I just started a new one.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
So i'm right in thinking "new feedback" then?
Old May 22, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
From application to recieving my TK Gold card took 3 weeks. Great result!
Old May 22, 2015, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by jimat3c
So i'm right in thinking "new feedback" then?
That is correct, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (However, I'm not sure if it makes any difference. )
Old May 23, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Ok PantherDD thanks.

Last edited by jimat3c; May 23, 2015 at 4:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 24, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by PantherDD
It worked for me! I credited 2 short-haul flights to my A3 *G from early April and sent them a new request with the latest activity printout attached, and I was upgraded now after 2 days. It seems like they were concerned that my account might have been cancelled or somehow went inactive, and this is the reason why they want recent activity on it. But this is just my guess.
I have to add that in the meantime I booked a TATL trip, on which I have an intra-EU TK flight, and mentioned this in the new request. This might or might not have helped, I don't know. It definitely didn't hurt...
Thanks for the update

I just flew my 2 domestic TK flights (well, one TK and one TK/AnadolouJet) and will re-request again once they show up in my Aegean
Old May 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

Requested a status match last week. TK replied saying that I need to send in my latest statement with activity in March or April. Sent that on Wednesday and received confirmation email to Classic Plus in less than 24 hours. Checked my account and it showed Elite.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mesuters
Requested a status match last week. TK replied saying that I need to send in my latest statement with activity in March or April. Sent that on Wednesday and received confirmation email to Classic Plus in less than 24 hours. Checked my account and it showed Elite.
Congrats!

This is pretty standard, the Email always says classic Plus.

I think the way their system works is when the system senses a new status higher than current status it sends an email saying your status has been upgraded to <status + 1>. This model should work perfectly fine for most users.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:46 am

I don't get it...

Uploaded a scan of my Air France Platinum card (expiry 03/2017) and a screenshot of my actual flight history since beginning of 2015.

I ALWAYS get the following message:

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, to be able to finalize your request we would like you to send picture or scan of your original plastic card together with your card's latest statement which shows your flight activities up to two months by using the link below;

Any card copy except the above mentioned types can not be accepted according to our general status match rules.

Tried more than 8 times with JPG, PDF, 1 or 2 documents etc. but it doesn't work. Any hints on that?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by n00b
I don't get it...

Uploaded a scan of my Air France Platinum card (expiry 03/2017) and a screenshot of my actual flight history since beginning of 2015.

I ALWAYS get the following message:

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, to be able to finalize your request we would like you to send picture or scan of your original plastic card together with your card's latest statement which shows your flight activities up to two months by using the link below;

Any card copy except the above mentioned types can not be accepted according to our general status match rules.

Tried more than 8 times with JPG, PDF, 1 or 2 documents etc. but it doesn't work. Any hints on that?
Is there no way to print a statement to pdf in AF? They are a little fussy and jpg/pdf screenshot of flight activity may not look like statement to them.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:23 am

Thanks for the hint - I'll give it a try..
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Smile Matched

I'm Platinum KLM and i requested a status match. With some searching i found the way and after 3 weeks received the Gold TK card.

So its still available
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Yes you can log into Flying blue and print your page to PDF from your browser.

Yes you get a nice PDF of your last flights.

Mike
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:44 am

Requested a status match yesterday morning, 5 mins ago received an email saying I am a Classic Plus, check on the website I am an Elite member. When can I expect the package??
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent
Requested a status match yesterday morning, 5 mins ago received an email saying I am a Classic Plus, check on the website I am an Elite member. When can I expect the package??
I think you can go back and read the last 10 pages to find some people's timeline

Without posting your location (are you in IST? in BKK? in North America or elsewhere?), nobody can say either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.