Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
If I get a statusmatch and a card valid until 12/2016 and thereafter fly the "regular miles" to requalify already this year - will I get the GOLD STATUS until 2017 or even 2018?
Old May 2, 2015, 4:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by foxyankee
If I get a statusmatch and a card valid until 12/2016 and thereafter fly the "regular miles" to requalify already this year - will I get the GOLD STATUS until 2017 or even 2018?
If you do a status match now this means your card will be valid for 24 months, eg May 2017(TK does rolling membership years, not calendar years). If you are flying the required re-qualification miles by the end of your status match your status will be extended by two years: May 2019.
Old May 2, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Thank you!

Nice, very nice!
Old May 10, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone did a status match recently and got a quick response?

I submitted a status match on Monday last week and was told to send in a copy of the actual card on Wednesday. Replied on Thursday and haven't heard back since
Old May 11, 2015, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by markcwj
Anyone did a status match recently and got a quick response?

I submitted a status match on Monday last week and was told to send in a copy of the actual card on Wednesday. Replied on Thursday and haven't heard back since
I tried a week ago but just got two mails with the request to attach the copy of the card and an account summary.

It seems that there are some issues with this, because I uploaded both documents now for the third time (initial request, after first mail, after second mail) and they don't care. Strange :|
Old May 11, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
Update:
18 MAR - Registered for Miles & Smiles
19 MAR - Submitted status match using DL Platinum credentials/statement
24 MAR - Received email staying matched to Classic Plus. Website shows Elite valid through March 2017.
Update again:
Received TK Elite card sometime last week. I was travelling all week but it was waiting in my mailbox when I returned. So about 5 weeks since the confirmation email.

No bag tags, just the card. Letter seems to indicate it is the original, not a replacement from the lost card request.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Took me 2 months to have my status matched.

TK really requires patience imo.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:56 am

How do you get more cities in the dropdown box? Will TK add them on request?

I live in Germany and my hometown is not available in the dropdown. The membership card will not be delivered with a wrong address..
Old May 12, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: KF Gold
TK status match (2015)

Tried a status match with my Marco Polo gold but turned down as they only accept one world emerald.
Sent in my A3 gold and received a match to classic plus (Star Alliance silver)
Old May 12, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: KF Gold
TK status match (2015)

Ok. Received an email 30 mins later saying I'm now Elite. Logged in to double check and yep Elite now..
Old May 12, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by n00b
How do you get more cities in the dropdown box? Will TK add them on request?

I live in Germany and my hometown is not available in the dropdown. The membership card will not be delivered with a wrong address..
Further up in this thread there is information about how to fill the address fields and how they are printed on the mailing. I had the same issue and just put my city name in the address line field, I think.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Does someone know what the minimum activity would be that TK wants to see on the *G account to consider someone for a match? I have a *S and a *G card, but lately I had to credit everything to the *S one, thus I got denied the first time saying that "the most recent activity on the Gold account is from last year". If I knew what they're looking for, I could re-try once I've met their requirements, but like this I'm not sure when to do that. Do you think I can give it one more try after adding 1-2 short hauls to the *G account?
Old May 12, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by PantherDD
Does someone know what the minimum activity would be that TK wants to see on the *G account to consider someone for a match? I have a *S and a *G card, but lately I had to credit everything to the *S one, thus I got denied the first time saying that "the most recent activity on the Gold account is from last year". If I knew what they're looking for, I could re-try once I've met their requirements, but like this I'm not sure when to do that. Do you think I can give it one more try after adding 1-2 short hauls to the *G account?
don't think anybody knows, since TK never gave out a clear requirement

I got asked TWICE to see LAST 2 MONTHS activity on my A3 *G account, which I had 0, so I'll be flying 2 domestic TK flights and retry again in a month, hoping that would work?
Old May 21, 2015, 7:38 am

Cool

Originally Posted by jerryhung
don't think anybody knows, since TK never gave out a clear requirement

I got asked TWICE to see LAST 2 MONTHS activity on my A3 *G account, which I had 0, so I'll be flying 2 domestic TK flights and retry again in a month, hoping that would work?
It worked for me! I credited 2 short-haul flights to my A3 *G from early April and sent them a new request with the latest activity printout attached, and I was upgraded now after 2 days. It seems like they were concerned that my account might have been cancelled or somehow went inactive, and this is the reason why they want recent activity on it. But this is just my guess.
I have to add that in the meantime I booked a TATL trip, on which I have an intra-EU TK flight, and mentioned this in the new request. This might or might not have helped, I don't know. It definitely didn't hurt...
Old May 21, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by PantherDD
It worked for me! I credited 2 short-haul flights to my A3 *G from early April and sent them a new request with the latest activity printout attached, and I was upgraded now after 2 days. It seems like they were concerned that my account might have been cancelled or somehow went inactive, and this is the reason why they want recent activity on it. But this is just my guess.
I have to add that in the meantime I booked a TATL trip, on which I have an intra-EU TK flight, and mentioned this in the new request. This might or might not have helped, I don't know. It definitely didn't hurt...
I'm curios, did you send in your request as "new feedback" or "previous feedback"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.